Allocation Available Today Only - Central Texas

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by BgAL, Sep 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. BgAL

BgAL Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just got an e-mail from my dealer. They have been given an allocation but they must have it claimed today. They ARE selling at MSRP. If you are interested, send me a PM and I will forward the contact info onto you. Most likely will require $1,000 down.

EDIT - just got an email back from the dealer - they have ONE allocation for the year left - had five - four are taken so still time to contact them! Best of all - MSRP

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  2. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Can you give me the name and number for the allocation please

3. BgAL

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    CONFIRMED - Selling at MSRP - good luck to those calling on it.

4. BgAL

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    just got an email from the the dealer - they have ONE allocation for the year left - had five - four are taken so Still time to contact them if you want a Hellcat at MSRP

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  5. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I wanted to thank you again. I got this allocation, order placed, hasn't been picked up, but order in the system and in the 4 orders I've placed (cancelled the other 3 today) in the last 9 months, have been waiting on this car since I first saw it last summer, this is the first POC that has a line item, like my Sepia Laguna leather seats , Brass Monkey wheels and sunroof that says 'guaranteed schedule'. None of the other 3 have ever said that. So I expect this order/allocation to get picked up within the next day or two and give me a VIN. It was a guaranteed allocation for an automatic, Challenger, at MSRP, so I couldn't ask for more. I had one/first order placed with a small local dealer, that just never gets an allocation (too small) even though they are an awesome dealership and have the best customer service, I will drive 80 miles out of my way, round trip, to have them take care of my Cat. This was 12/8/2014. I placed another order in February...after I learned how the allocation process worked, at a larger dealership in Iowa where I was 3rd in line (two months ago I was finally first in line). Then after those two orders got cancelled at the end of the 2015 MY, I started hunting for an allocation again. Roillieman on here told me about a dealer in NH (a long way from Oklahoma) had 4 allocations and they had a couple left, on 9/3, I placed an order there. The order was supposed to go in today, but apparently they had an issue with the automatic transmissions of his order and my order. Then, after I had stuffed my gullet with the best BBQ in 3 counties today, I saw this thread pop up, just after being rolled out of the restaurant in a wheel barrow to my car. I called, he said he had an allocation...I asked for a Challenger? Yes. For an automatic? Yes. Will the order go in today? Yes. For MSRP or are you asking ADM? No, MSRP only. I couldn't give him my credit card number for a deposit fast enough!

So thank you BgAL! And yes, I told him that you sent me. I have a new VON, starts with a HC and I expect to have a VIN in a day or three. And since it's in Texas, I can fly there and drive it home and almost have the break in done. The other dealer was in New Hampshire. If my order at that dealer didn't get put in for two more months (one order per month?) and it takes 2-3 months for delivery, it will be winter...in New Hampshire. I am not driving my HC home in that, so I'd have to spend extra money on getting it shipped in an enclosed transport. Now if it was summer, that would be a beautiful drive and I would love it, but I'm being realistic and it will be winter...I mean REAL winter, not Oklahoma/Texas winter.

Thanks again bud. I really appreciate it.

• Winner Winner x 4
  6. BgAL

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Glad it worked. That dealership is great - Nyle Maxwell in Taylor. You will get your car. The best part is when I told them about Hellcat.org they specifically stated they wanted a member to get the allocation. No games and MSRP. Can't really ask for much more.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Zookeeper93

Zookeeper93 GOZ211

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Big Congratulations, RadCat. I am so thrilled for you. Funny, I am in Texas (Arlington) and when I was searching for mine in February, I couldn't find one in Texas without a 10+ ADM or an allocation but I found mine in Oklahoma (Midwest City). I'm headed to Stillwater today, in fact. Gotta cheer my OSU Cowboys!

8. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    He's a great guy (Jimmy Wilcox), easy to work with, no BS.

I did the same thing around February. I got a spreadsheet on here, of the top dealers in the US. I figured out that Texas had received over 100 more Hellcats at that time than any other state, so I contacted the top 20 dealers, but they either didn't have any HC's at the time, or they wanted a $10k ADM. So I started looking around at other states.

9. BgAL

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If anyone is interested - a Houston dealer called me - they have a build to suit allocation - BUT they want $5k over - they maybe flexible - if they are calling me they must really be far down their list -

10. HellScoot

HellScoot Silver Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm just curious...did you get the car at the deal you wanted? Sounds like you had to jump through way too many hoops.

11. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes I did. Already have a VON (and you can't place an order this year unless the dealer has that exact allocation (car and tranny type), so I should have a VIN in the next business day or two, D1 status. It's a guaranteed order. And I got it for MSRP. Stand up dealer and salesman. It was a 'today only' deal, they had to put the order in that day, and I just happened to see the email notification about this thread pop up on my phone when I was getting in my car and called right then and put it together. So it was all about watching this forum and timing. Most of the time I'd see these messages after work...when someone else had scooped them up, because it was posted 6 hours earlier. What is great about it is that I live in Oklahoma. I had one order here, one in Iowa, and the most recent (a week ago) in NH. But since this dealer is in Texas, no snow, I can fly down there and drive it home and almost have my break in done!

If you really want one, for MSRP, they are out there, but you have to watch this forum every day, make phone calls, emails, you have to work for it...or pay a $10k ADM which I had offered to me the day before...I said no thanks.

12. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    And I didn't have to jump through any hoops other than make a phone call and have my deposit ready...

13. HellScoot

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

14. HellScoot

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I can't tell you how happy that makes me to hear that you were able to get it at MSRP. I placed my deposit with my dealer Wednesday and Thursday their guy who orders for them and many other dealers called me to confirm my order and gave me my HC VON. I checked with SRT this morning and was told to check back first week of Aug after allocation closes and they should be able to confirm the order and would expect a VIN and about when the dealer would receive the car. I am thinking we should start a registry of the "good" dealers that are ordering for customers at MSRP and help the other true Hellcat enthusiasts who really want to make sure they get their car! What do you think?

15. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    bought my GT500 from NH and drove it home in the middle of winter(Feb).......unless things have changed for challengers they are delivered on open trucks and are full of salt on day 1....so driving it home in salt wont make any difference.......mine was clean when i got it in Jan, but i saw white when i opened the trunk lid around the edges....1 trip in salt wont hurt......drive it home(not through a snow storm or freezing rain like i did)........save the shipping costs