Allocation Confusion!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by rollieman, Sep 4, 2015.

1. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just got off the phone with STR asking "why my dealer is unable to access the Hellcat ordering website as to enter my order" ?

She told me that "it's because they don't have an open allocation"! ----------- But I told her the dealer received 4 allocations last week; 3 for Challengers and 1 for a Charger and that the Charger was placed very quickly with no problem at all, but just a few hours later the dealer was unable to enter mine for the Challenger.

She then said the reason why the web site won't open up is because they already used the monthly allotment which the dealer can only order 1 hellcat per month.

So I guess my question is: Does this sound copasetic ? ---- another words did they receive 4 allocations which were "configuration specific" 6 speed, automatic, etc., etc., but, could only order 1 of the 4 rendering the other 3 N/A requiring them to wait another month for a viable allocation?

This is very complicated and I'm not sure the dealers even know how this process works?

Bottom line is the allocation they committed to me may be useless at this time ?

Thank you for sharing my pain !!!!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  2. Dragon

Dragon Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    OH here we go again

3. pinetreecat

pinetreecat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Go to another dealer. Or wait til next month....

4. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Did I read a thread that talked about Dealer's getting a group of allocations? IF that is the case, this may be how they are stretching out the orders until the first of the year. WHY NOT tell everyone upfront that this is going to be how it works? o_Oo_O As Carlos Mencia would say....... Di ta Dio_O

5. 1949chopper

1949chopper NC STATE PRESIDENT Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Get out while you can. Von hell 1 year anniversary is coming up. Looks like much of the same for this year. Pay the devils fee and get your cat. Best 3800 I ever spent. Been driving for 7 months now. If I stuck out the ordering game I'd still be waitin .

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Tazman

Tazman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't know about the "configuration specific" thing... however, I do know Dealers are told how many they will be allocated up front.

That doesn't mean they can order. They have to wait for the allocation to be actually assigned.

For example, My dealer knows up front they are getting 3 Hellcats in the first 6 months. However, they cannot actually submit the orders until the Rep tells them they have one (or more?) for the allocation period (monthly allocations sounds right, by the way it worked last year). The rep told my dealer that it would be anywhere between Now and December. Remember, allocation is still fricken based on the specific DODGE sales performance of the dealer.

It's definitely a lot more tightly controlled than last year, and at least the dealers are told up front about how many they are allocated per 6 month stretch... but the system STILL sucks, since it's still basically a "Dealer Rewards Program". The bigger volume dealers will get allocations sooner and more often.... and the little guys will be last... again.

/shrug

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Tazman at least that makes some sense. ------------- THANK YOU !!!

The allocations being "configuration specific" came from the rep at STR.

It seem that based on the logic that you explained along with what STR told me on the phone the 4 hellcat allocations that my dealer received was only an "up front" forecast of how many cars they will be allotted for the first 6 months. I assume when they successfully were able to enter the order for the Charger this then USED UP their monthly allocation ---------- and maybe I will be able to get my order in the system next month?
    I could live with that !! PS: They are one of the largest dealers in the North East in terms of sales.

This is giving me a headache !!!

8. ljaviation

ljaviation Self proclaimed Banned, Because I can.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My dealer told me he was getting one allocation challenger between now and February. No chargers. Welcome to hell.

9. Tazman

Tazman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That would depend on if you are next in line at your dealer or not, and if your dealer doesn't let someone willing to pay more cut in front of you (Which some shady dealers will do).

LOL... try a 337 day (as of today) migraine! :p

10. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    skip the dealer, skip ordering......when the cars hit the streets call around, find one, buy it.....save the headache of ordering a car and allocations

learn a lesson from thousands of 2015 owners who ordered and never got their car, but instead went out and bought one.....you will get your car sooner if you just call around and drive/fly to get it

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Tazman

Tazman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have my reasons for sticking with my order, and I'm not going to rehash them again.

I wish you all would try would stop telling us how to fricken buy a car, just because something worked out for yourselves. At this point, I really don't care if I get the car any sooner. I'm not some "entitled gotta have it now" type of person. Everything will be on my terms, or nothing. Period. It will all come together at some point.

That said, it doesn't mean that FCA hasn't completely dropped the ball on this, numerous times.

12. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i say it over and over because i see posts whining about it daily....and have been seeing them for 9 months now.......new year, same problems coming....

im trying to help.....

maybe the HC forum should consider whining about allocations and ordering delays be a reason to get booted off the forum.....1/8th of the posts would be gone

most with the attitude of ''i dont care when i get my car'' become ''why didnt i get a car in 2015?''

im the type who gets things done....i dont see a reason to wait when i want something and its sitting right there waiting for my money

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. TIGwelder

TIGwelder SSDD

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you have a car, then stay out of the allocation and ordering threads and you'll have no issues with people "whining" as you call it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I also remember you advising that Hellcats would be available at msrp in the Spring?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. 1949chopper

1949chopper NC STATE PRESIDENT Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you only want advise that agrees with what you want, then why ask? Some of us are only trying to help.