Allocation Frequency ?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by rollieman, Sep 22, 2015.

1. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What is the frequency that allocations are released to qualified dealers; once a year, twice a year, monthly or any combination of the above?

Reason I ask; is because I know several dealers received some allocations early this month and I've been told by a dealer their factory rep told them they'll l be receiving 2 allocations around mid October whereas other dealers are all telling me they won't see any more allocations until January.

Is it possible that he's telling me the truth ---- or ----- is he just trying to get my deposit ?

Which he did by the way !! ------------- he sounded sincere and honest, but I've already been recently disappointed and consequently now have lost faith in any car salesmen !!

Thank you !

2. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I initially heard that the Dealerships were told how many allotments they would get for the rest of this year. However, they can't order them all at once, being given out based on how many they received. For instance, if a Dealership only received one and have ordered it, they are done until the first of the year. The larger Dealership with 5 allotments may get one or more a month, depending on parts availability and tranny type. They will be given all 5 allotments this year, and then wait to see if they get more after the first of the year. All of this is driven by parts availability and keeping the line scheduled full. If they can't get enough brass monkey wheels for the line, they will move ahead others with the black wheels. Hope this helps.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. White Trash

White Trash BMF Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member HCC National Vice Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    2016 Allocations are going to be totally different than the 2015 models.
    Its between Dodge and dealer how many they are awarded.
    My local dealer didn't get any.

WT

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rob440Magnum

Rob440Magnum Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My dealer got 1 Hellcat Challenger allocation for the first run (Sept-Feb) but he does not know which month his allocation will be. Could be Oct or maybe Feb. He said he won't know until Dodge tells him.

His district rep is telling him he will not be able to place the order for that allocation until the month the allocation is available. We tried to place the order a couple of weeks ago and it only allowed us to go so and would not accept the order.

Is the above true?

Are Challenger Hellcat allocations transmission specific?

Thanks!

5. White Trash

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Rob440 yes that is correct.
    Dealer can only order what Dodge says they can have.

WT

6. Rob440Magnum

Rob440Magnum Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I thought each dealer found out their six month allocation in Aug-Sept and only the dealers that received zero could not place an order. If a dealer received 8 allocations but no allocations were availabe in Sept the dealer could still place up to the 8 orders, but Dodge would not do anything with them until the month the dealer gets allocation. So in this example the dealer could place orders for 1-8 Hellcats from now until Feb but once 8 orders are placed no more orders can be placed until March when the next round is released.

Am I wrong?

7. White Trash

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Rob the Dealer is already told upfront how many and what type of HC they are allocated.

WT

8. HellScoot

HellScoot Silver Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That is correct as I was given the same information by someone who orders for many dealers and all their cars. So if a volume dealer has hellcat sold orders they always get placed over non sold orders. So let's say they have six total. They might get two challenger A8's and three M6's while getting one Charger A8. How they place them may be 1-3 a window. For example the order banks recently opened and closed in five days and all orders had to be placed. So with one dealer he showed me his seven deal jackets and knew he had allocation for six. He said in this case he was placing three at the end of Aug and I was fourth. Not liking what I was told I went to another dealer who was much larger and had also a relationship with the general manager and had one ready for me when the order banks last opened. Placed order and I am supposed to be built around Oct 12 about 30 days and delivery four to six weeks after that. That I think is normal and anything you are being told is b.s.

9. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just found an article on line from PR Newswire that reads: "Two allocation cycles to occur – August 2015 and February 2016" -------------- so if this is true the dealer who told me they'll be getting 2 allocations in Oct. is bogus?

10. hellzya

hellzya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's difficult to know for certain they are lieing to you.The way this has bin handled by both dodge and the dealers it really could go either way.