ALLOCATION PROCESS FLAWED!!!!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Christopher Ward, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Christopher Ward

Christopher Ward Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The allocation process as we know it and how it was rolled out is extremely flawed. It would make more sense if there was limited production, but now according to Dodge that's not the case. The allocation process based on 180 days sales benefits only the dealers that are in big cities with large populations. A lager customer base in a geographical area would benefit. Where as those dealerships that support a large geographical area but with a small population would not have the opportunity to be part of the purchasing opportunity for one of these elite products. Foremost, I wonder how many dodge, Chrysler dealerships have been provided the allocation to support our troops that are not as fortunate to be near a large city or dealerships. I find myself very frustrated over this matter that the only dodge dealership near my location that is within 70 miles from a major city would not be considered for an allocation. I myself am a true Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth lover. I own several cars that go as far back as 1966.

So BLUF, Only the big dealers will benefit, us living out near those bases and installations would not be able to benefit or participate in this opportunity.

Knowing that there is no production limit, then there should be no allocation and orders paced should be processed as received.

Grease

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. Hemi4me2

Hemi4me2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree completely

3. JBS$

JBS$ Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dodge lied about it not being limited production, the allocation is just the method being used to accomplish their goal.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. ChallengerDad

ChallengerDad SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Interesting introduction....... Welcome to the forum.
    I gather you're military from the inference in your rant. Military members receive a discount that the rest of the population doesn't. I think that's non-sequitur when it comes to complaints about the allocation process.
    Regardless, Dodge has indicated that all orders will be filled. Allocations are different from ordered/sold cars. Allocations are "lot-candy" that are issued in a proportionate number to a dealerships' sales. Sold cars are exactly that - orders by customers with a deposit made to place them. Dodge wanted to "spread the wealth" and have Cats available Nationwide with the initial release. Logistics made that far from perfect, but first deliveries around the country were noted at similar times.

My dealer is quite small, with modest sales numbers. Yet I'm quite confident that I'll have my order filled within the next three months. No, my order wasn't one of the first to hit the pavement. But my order wasn't the first my small dealer placed either - and he's already delivered a few Hellcats.

Place your order and exercise due diligence, and you'll be rewarded with your Hellcat - in due time.
    Enjoy the forum.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Sublimecat

Sublimecat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just for reference I ordered my Hellcat from a dealer in Pa. The town has a population of 16,000 people and it's an hour from a major metropolitan area with a name you would recognize. The dealer was allocated 1 car in the first allocation. I purchased the car for MSRP. It's scheduled to be delivered to the dealer on Monday.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Christopher Ward

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    First, let me make it clear Military is not offered a discount to orders on products such as the Hellcat line. I would agree there are incentives offered to military but they are more directed to the less moving lines of Dodge Chrysler products they have on the lot. As a retired military with 22 years of active service, and I ordered my hellcat back in September thru my local dodge dealer in the hopes that they will be able to honor my order. But talking with the SRT representative recently the only orders being currently processed are those dealers with allocations. Not those orders that have been placed. That's why I make the statement.

But from my point of view, and what I have read, allocations are based on sales., that's it! Do you know something different? Under this direction this logic applies true if you have a good customer base, but of course that goes along with a large population in a geographical area that is an advantage that other dealers cannot compete with. Those are just some of flaws and really was not thought all the away through. Look at some of what the dealers are trying to pull, I have been watching, is this what Dodge intended? Give the advantage only to the larger dealers? If you level the playing field this would provide a level of prevention or at least let the dealers know you cannot capitalize easily, but I guess that is the American dream, huh?

With the current approach in place to receive on of these fantastic examples or master pieces from Dodge, I will be patient and see if my order is honored, I will keep it in place and keep my deposit in pace until the finish of the 2015 production, that will tell the story. All I got to say, they better not cancel it!

BTW: I purchased a MOPAR 2011SN#70 from the same dealer, SN#70 they were produced less then the planned production of the Hellcat, go figure> I scrath my head on that one

Thanks for your insight and comments

Grease

7. Christopher Ward

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sublimecat,

Congrats! On your purchase, I wish you the best of luck. Your dealer must be doing something right. Where in PA?.

8. Sublimecat

Sublimecat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Western PA, 75 minutes north of Pittsburg.

9. Brett M

Brett M Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Numerous people are waiting on the most wanted car right now. How should Chrysler/Dodge determine who gets the first produced cars? Why do people expect a company to invest $ in manufacturing plants to only fill initial orders when they are aware orders will settle down over time. The process is fair. I agree that we all don't live in big cities, but where I live isn't considered a big city. I was second in line for mine and am still gladly waiting. It will be worth it when it arrives. From a business standpoint, how do you suggest Chrysler roll out the most wanted muscle car without pissing anyone off? Just my opinion though.

10. Brett M

Brett M Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Processed as received would mean dealers would have all hellcats right now with a 20k markup

11. Christopher Ward

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just thought the business gurus would have put a little more thought into how that these will be distributed. My basic rationale and what I grew up with and like anything else when you order something, first come first served, guess that rule is out the window here, HUH?

12. AvsBest

AvsBest Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    This process certainly sounds shady and there is a lot of room for money to be handed under the table both from customers and dealers to get their cars. Specially that only a select few know which dealers gets what.

The way it's going, the cat will be cancelled in January and I will go for the SRT and be just as happy

13. Christopher Ward

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not if you have a name associated with those orders. I placed at my order at MSRP. But I understand you logic. I guess if you have the capital you can rule the world, huh

14. ChallengerDad

ChallengerDad SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Agreed. Military discount doesn't apply to the Hellcat. My inference was that special consideration is given to military personnel (and rightly so).

Dodge wanted the roll-out to be well timed, so there would be examples fairly evenly distributed. They want their products in the public eye - best advertisement. They knew those willing to pay over MSRP would probably garage them anyway, so they did what they could to limit gouging. Unfortunately, dealerships are free to charge whatever the market will bear. And yes, Dodge dealers seem to be more inclined to add DMAs to the sticker. So some Cats are still hostage to greedy dealerships.
    The entire allocation process is still a mystery to me. I believe some of it's a reaction to the elimination of the SRT brand and integration with regular Dodge products. But what was explained to me was that allocations were considered "dealer stock" when the numbers were arrived at, and how long that "dealer stock" sits on a lot determines how many more "allocations" will be made to a particular dealer. I was also under the impression that "ordered cars" are not considered "allocation" in the grand scheme of the process, and will be honored in whatever formula and order Dodge deems appropriate (VINs are not being filled in numerical order). I don't understand the scheduling or numbers they've arrived at....and don't know anyone who does and is willing to explain it.

Again, the dealer I'm going through is fairly small, with modest yearly sales. Yet Dodge has always made available additional SRT products to him. Maybe that's a reward for not gouging, or perhaps it's something that I'm totally in the dark about. BUT if "allocation" was the only definitive way to get a Hellcat, MANY people that placed orders with this dealer would be very disappointed and angry. That wouldn't be beneficial to Dodge.

I'd suggest you shop around for a dealer that isn't adding a DMA to the sticker, and may have a cancellation in the order banks. There has to be one in your area. If not, drop me a PM and I'll give you contact information for my dealer - he will give your the straight scoop on what chances you have of getting an order filled for a 2015 Hellcat.

Good luck, and thank you for your service! :)

15. cal45

cal45 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Agree - process the orders by date received, if the order contains an item not presently available for production (black hood), put on hold and when that item is available, start at the earliest received order on the hold list. I think this is how most consumers see as a logical process. Right now, the consumers are not pleased that the large volume dealers are hoarding the cars received and adding outrageous markups.....and by all accounts, it appears that Dodge is condoning this behavior by continuing the allocation process.

• Agree Agree x 3