Allocations

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Danny123, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Danny123

Danny123 SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    When do allocations come in? My dealer in Kentucky, is telling me the 2nd and 4th Yhursday of every month. Is there any way to find out if they are even up for a allocation? Gave them 5k deposit on Sept 11 and still waiting on VON. Thanks Danny

2. White Trash

White Trash BMF Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member HCC National Vice Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Danny something sounds off?
    You should have a Von # already?
    I would call them tomorrow and ask them what is your status.

3. SRTHC

SRTHC Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was called by my dealer on 9/9 that hey had allocation for one car and that my color plum was now available. I put my deposit down on 9/11 and received my von number that same day. I received my vin number on 9/24 I was then told my car was scheduled to be built the week of 10/19 I called on weds 10/21 and was told its in E-status (FRAME) I'm told the delivery ETA is from 10/30 to 11/5

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. SRTHC

SRTHC Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would make a call to your dealer and ask them what's going on and how many deposits did they take and where in line are you. I went through this with a dealer in Ohio last year and they never told me that I wasn't even in the top 20 until my order was cancelled. every time I called they blamed the dodge CEO and that he screwed up the whole hellcat ordering, when in fact the dealer put so many orders in and they would never be filled. so bottom line is they collected 2,000 dollar deposits from well over 20 customers and collected on the interest from those deposits and the customers got screwed when their orders were cancelled. the only good thing that came out of it was a 5,000 voucher if you had a von# which basically only covered the increase in price for 2016. it did help but I waited close to a year. so far everything is going smooth with my 2016 thanks to some friends. call your dealer or better yet go there!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dealers received the number of Hellcats they could order in August for the period between September through January.

They won't know if it will be a Charger or Challenger allocation until the first week of the month; when they can place the order in the system. Once the order is in, a VON is issued.

I would check with your dealer on October 29th and definitely during the first week of the month.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Meat

Meat Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My dealer told me that they were getting 3 allocations in the second half of 2016. Is this information that he would know?

There are a few reasons why I would like to wait until mid 2016 to receive my car and I am first in line on the dealer's list. I just can't find the exact system (in great detail) that is being used to inform dealers of the number of allocations they will get, when they will get them, and how a customer can verify that a dealer does actually have a certain number of allocations promised to him by FCA.

I have spent the last hour searching the forums to find the info with no avail.

7. chuck

chuck Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I talked to different Dealers I know very well. One did not know if they are getting a allocation yet. They sold 3 last year no problem with these 2015s I was also was told they don't know what there allocation is till they get it. I don't think you should place an order for a Hellcat with no allocation . You will not know if they are getting a Challenger or Charger or neither . This is not set in stone but this information came from honest dealers. One got 2 allocation and they both was Challengers the dealer had no choice to get a Charger. The other Dealer waiting to see even if they get one.

Chuck

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. rayzazoo

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Here is the information from Dodge that was released to 2015 buyers that didn't get there car built:

IMG_6048 copy.jpg

• Useful Useful x 2
  9. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    sounds like they took your deposit for a car but did not have an allocation at the time.
    I would not have put money down unless they had one. If they are a small dealer it could be a while until they earn one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. rayzazoo

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
  11. chuck

chuck Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Be careful Danny they need an allocation for you to get a car. I am sure with no allocation they can't even know if they going to get Challenger or Charger.

Chuck

12. Tazman

Tazman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What's really Effed up about that is that it doesn't tell you... "oh by the way... the allocations are based on transmissions or even a charger vs. challenger... even if you are next in line at your dealer, you may still get bumped and have to wait even longer if the allocation doesn't match the type of Hellcat you wish to order". o_O

Sometimes I really want to fly to Detroit and *****-slap the upper management at Dodge. :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. rayzazoo

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I definitely agree. Still a lot of ambiguity. Dodge emblem on the rear was the first thing to go from the Hellcat.