almost bought a 14 Cadillac CTS New (-$17,230) off sticker

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by huggytree, Feb 18, 2015.

1. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    with my gm credit cards (-2000) the left over CTS's are (-$17,230) off sticker...another i found was (-$17,500!!! off)

i couldnt pass it up........i found a luxury edition, silver...had all the options i wanted...100% perfect...had it shipped from another dealership 50 miles away......test drove it....wow it sucked!!!

$57k sticker
    $40k sell price

i felt like i was driving an impala....i didnt see where they got the extra $15-20k over an impala....i didnt see all that much luxury......i saw video's of the cool dash w/ heads up display.......the Luxury doesnt have any of that...the dash is just a normal dash...touch screen is better in the HC....it came with all the HC features....only thing extra was memory seats..........272hp and really not any better technology than the HC for similar price

the ride wash shit!!!!......i figured in normal mode it would float down the road...nope...harsh.....then i hit sport mode......it felt like my gt500 in sport mode......who wants a 272hp 4 door that drives like a sports car??? people who want to pretend they have 450+ hp i guess.......i wanted it for my family.....no way we would take long trips in it......kids fit in the back seat just fine though....size was good........cant get over that ride......i dont know how the CTS is so highly rated....i think its $17k over priced thats for sure.......

i am now looking at Tahoe's....for similar $$ you get better luxury

has anyone ever heard of $17,230 in rebates????

went to a chevy dealer after....saw a Z06 and a Z28 in the showroom.....W O W....the Z06 is unbelievable looking.....Chevy knows how to make a Vette

2. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What about a charger hellcat...

3. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    family car for WI and snow

budget was $40k.....not $70k

i need awd and normal HP

i have always been happy with Chevy......i do meet with customers occasionally...i have to hide my wealth.....a Impala is more what i need.....i am looking into Tahoe's....but none left for 14 and no good discounts......were going to stick with our 2011 Traverse.....its a nice suv....works well for the family

i miss my Avalanche...id buy one again, but chevy got rid of it........the Cadillac was really pushing what i can get away with with my customers.......if im driving a better car than them they will question how much they are paying for my services....i need to look somewhat humble...........a charger HC would not look very humble

4. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't think your going to get a new Tahoe for 40k, a friend of mine just one for 65

5. JBS$

JBS$ Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You have your letters confused. You want a CT-V not a CTS.

6. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I picked up this ( sorry guys its a Chevy 3500HD)
    it rides so smooth and quiet, great family winter ride and I can pull just about anything I want. They are dealing HUGE rebates right now. Love the Duramax / Allison set up IMG_0215.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. SRThellkitty

SRThellkitty Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Wait... so you bought a standard base 2014 CTS or the brute CTS-V series version? Huge difference between the two in terms of horsepower and performance.

8. CatBurghlr

CatBurghlr Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I looked at the z06 the same day I bought the Hellcat, the way the Vette looked made my mind to buy the Hellcat. Z06 looked like a bat mobile.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Cat-Man-Do

Cat-Man-Do Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nice looking truck!

After always owning Chevy Trucks, I bought a 2014 F150 Limited with the ecoboost in November. Got a buddy that's a sales mgr. at ford and a business had turned in a loaded limited that had a sticker price of $56k on it and got it for $40k with 2800 miles on it. We absolutely love it and compared to my '08 Avalanche you could go camping in the back seat... First ford vehicle I ever owned and so far so good. Only tow a small trailer occasionally, so didn't need Diesel.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dubya

Dubya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    In the world of diesel trucks those kind of rebates are common. I just traded my 12 Ram 2500 for 4k less than what I gave for it originally. I had similar success on my 08 3500.

11. SRThellkitty

SRThellkitty Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    disregard my last post. I'm happy you didn't get a cts because they're not all that anyway.

12. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Go drive a lexis

13. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    cant buy a lexus because my customers will see my vehicle......i cant let them know i make more than they do......

the cadillac was really pushing things..........i am best off sticking with chevy's for the everyday family driver(i hide my HC and GT500 from my customers)....an impala would be perfect.....but for now were just going to keep the Traverse....it fits our needs, looks nice

talked to my friend who has a 11 or 12 cts...he agrees its a harsh ride for the type of car it is......i still dont know why they are $57k

i thought since they have $8k rebates on the Silverado's that maybe they would have the discount on Tahoes as well....nope....hardly any Tahoes left.....also dont like any of the truck colors...and the rims....all horrible....didnt like any....i do not like the standard 1500 silverado grill........i do like the GMC truck look though.......i dont really want a truck anymore...we dont need it....i wanted to downsize from a 3 row CUV to a Sedan.....

14. F6F-3

F6F-3 SRT Hellcat Owner Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Why not a Charger? For 30+ years I was a Crown Vic (fleet) guy and was not real happy when Ford dumped the line. Started using Impalas, but they are, in my opinion, a POS as a fleet vehicle. When we started using Chargers, well O.M.Gosh, it was a rocket compared the the Crown Vic or Impala. I've yet to hear a complaint from shop folks about fleet service issues. Plenty of room in the rear seat, even with a "divider."

15. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i love my challenger.....obviously since i bought 2 of them....but my true opinion of Chrysler products is they make a B grade product.....i would not purchase anything other than a Challenger......i do accept that the Challenger is a B grade product and love it enough to overlook its quality issues and extra service it may require........

sorry to be harsh on Dodge guys.....but it is what it is

i have been looking at GMC Sienna w/ the All Terrain package.....trying to find a 14 w/ $8000 in rebates....i loved my Avalanche and the AT package really improves the normal GMC trucks looks....kind of reminds me a bit of the Avalanche

had some contact w/ a few dealers...they say they can find me a 14 AT pkg, but i cant find one on autotrader....they seem rare...i am completely open to colors on this one...i may even consider Black(sparkle)....it just looks so tough in black that i may finally try a black vehicle.....also need to measure width....the Traverse barely fits through the garage door with the car lift in the way...if the full size truck is wider it wont fit...wifes car has 2-3" on each side....she has hit the lift and the side of the garage door at least 1 x already(just barely--no damage to Traverse---just a mark on the wall/lift)