Am I overreacting!???

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by gerlacher, Nov 17, 2014.

1. gerlacher

gerlacher Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    To make a long story short. Back in august. Found a dealer that was getting hellcat. Put 500$ down then to hold my spot for it. Ordering day came, I was there the day before that to spec out car n get pricing etc so they could place order immediately when ordering starts. That day they showed my pricing, and I seen they marked car up 5 k. Called them on it, basically played out a big deal that they were doing me the big favor of selling me the car. Car came into dealer today. They called n said it was in, even though I specifically asked to be called when truck got there so I could see it get unloaded. They didn't. They decided to test drive it up the salty road cuz its "policy" best part is, they begged me to sign papers tonight to me some dumb qouta. That's when I noticed they marked it up 10,000$!!!!! Wtf is that. So I ask n they just sau must been misunderstood. Then decline all my request to at least throw in sum goodies or a pair of free tires. Then give me 3 free oil changes, only for the hellcat. Nothing else. Just feel raped and they kept reminding me how they can sell the car for cash to so many ppl. Honestly I'm thinking bout telling them pack sand tomorrow when I'm suppose to pick it up, and maybe call other dealers n see if I can get one by spring. Considering its snowy here in wisco and I have to haul car to storage anyway. Anyone else think this is crap?? Or should I relax. I didn't give down payment yet till I get car tomorrow. Sorry for long story...rant over!!

2. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would tell them to bit it,, and blast them on the net,, and get the local news involved.....problem is,, if you don't have it in writing, your kinda screwed..but I would make a huge stink

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I wouldn't give them 10k over. If you agreed to 5 k , offer that and be prepared to walk and not look back.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dak59RT

Dak59RT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Let it go and find another place. They're totally taking advantage of you. There are dealers out there that will take care of you and give you the deal in writing. Sorry that's happening... Very frustrating!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wait, so you and the dealership agreed on a price. They then upcharge $5,000 at the time to order. Now that the car is here, they are trying to upcharge again to $10,000? It would be better if you have this in email traffic or something other than word of mouth.

Ask to see the Window Sticker. If your name is on it (should be if they did a customer order for the car), tell them to go pound sand and you pay the purchase price you originally agreed on.

Granted, I don't think Dodge Corporate customer service can help you here, but I think your local media would have a field day with that dealership and their attempt at bad business practices. Just imagine if word got out to a couple of other potential customers of how they are attempting to screw over 1 customer. Word travels fast and bad PR will definitely change a dealership's perspective since now we are talking about future customers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Fight fight fight..

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. RoadwarriorCA

RoadwarriorCA Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you tell them to "Pack It"......web trash them them as stated, and send a complaint into the "Better Business Bureau (BBB)"......
    Its happening all over, especially with one allotment ............as I see it........

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. gerlacher

gerlacher Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I specifically recall seeing the the price... Of 73, and asking if that was tax n all.. My answer was yes...now its exactly 5 grand over that, and only caught that when I realized I'm financing 5 k more than I had planned. I was willing in the initial heat of the moment to pay 5k over... But 10 is just about outta my price range. And wasn't planned for

9. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you live in Wisconsin,, walk away,, get another other in, and have it when the nice whether hits

10. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It sounds like you've already made the right decision.

11. gerlacher

gerlacher Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's what I'm feeling. I abandon my regular dealer because they couldn't get one at the time. Now they got three ordered and didn't mark up 1 cent :-( I would have loved to buy from my original dealer, just never imagined I'd have to deal with this crap.

12. Dak59RT

Dak59RT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This crap makes me sick. I'm totally putting my iPhone in voice recorder mode when I order my Hellcat!!!!!

13. gerlacher

gerlacher Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I know!!!! Kinda ruined my experience which was suppose to be an awesome one. Guess I'll be making calls all morning

14. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If I were you,,I would walk...cause the snow is here, it's not like we're going to enjoy a month or two of driving..we may have a few days at most...

15. Harley88

Harley88 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    dude, you're getting bent over without even a kiss! ... You let that happen and you'll forever know you got "punked"..
    will that be what you think of years from now; more then the excitement of the Hellcat? sucks man, hope dealer burns in Hell