Am I the only one that doesnt care about car shows?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Aarcuda, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Aarcuda

Aarcuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'll go to the and look at the cars but if they want me to pay to have people look at my car I say no thanks. I don't care about a plaque. Or trophy. I don't care if u don't like it. If you like it that's cool but I don't need a trophy to feel good about my car.

I don't know. I will go to shows that just let me park but I don't want to pay. Pay to put my car near a bunch of folks that could scratch it? No thank u. I'm not getting it I guess. Lol

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Same here.
    Shortly after I got my Hellcat last March, I was driving down a street and came across a car show gathering.
    Pulled into the lot and had a guy approach my car. I rolled down my window and he asked, "you want to park your Hellcat?"
    I said, sure.
    He said, "it'll be $25"
    I said, "$25 to park my car so others can look at it, no thanks"
    So I parked just outside the parking lot in a neighboring lot, and lifted the hood up.
    While I walked around looking at the other cars, I noticed people walking over to my car to take a look. LOL

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ha! That's great Driver72.....would have done the same thing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BODUKE

BODUKE Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Car shows are nice a bunch of hot rodders getting together is cool. As long as its free lol.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. NoCoHC

NoCoHC Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't get people showing late model cars that can be bought off the dealer lot myself. Not sure what about that merits some type of award or an admission fee? If it's just a bunch of people parking in the same spot to check out each others cars and bs that's completely different and something I enjoy doing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Beeman

Beeman Silver Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I felt the same as most of you in my younger days, why pay to show your car. Most Car Shows and Cruise Nights are held to raise funds for different charities
    It's for great causes as long as you have reputable organizers

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Robocop1127

Robocop1127 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Our car shows in the state of Pennsylvania don't charge you to enter and park your car, nor do they charge you to register and enter the awards show!!! I guess there's a sucker born every minute for those that pay to enter any car show but I'm not one of those guys!!! If I go to a car show I generally won't leave my car unattended and if I did want to look around then I wouldn't take the Hellcat but I would take my daily driver which wouldn't draw much attention,lol!!!

8. carcass

carcass SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    car shows that charge are generally donating the money that's left after buying the shiny plastic garage decorators.
    Plus hellcat's are not show cars, cool to take to the local weekly cruise in. But imho car shows should be reserved for classics. Go park your late model down the street and give the old steel the space it's earned through generations of nostalgia

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. hellzya

hellzya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have never placed any of my cars in a car show but I like seeing all types of cars. I can't be the only one who enjoys seeing cars up close that I may not see every day new or old. I also know some car clubs do a lot of charity work if I knew my entry fee was going towards that I wouldn't mind paying/donating.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I like the sense of brotherhood with a challenger or charger gathering. I agree with paying for shoes for people to scratch your cars. What do they care it isn't theirs. Always have to have a buddy watch over your ride when you get something to eat or drink. We always have a lookout for touchers!!!!

11. GoodCaptain

GoodCaptain Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I used to feel the same way...but....

1) The few dollars we pay to enter goes to a great cause.
    2) Car shows are for late model cars too. They contrast with the older models and show off the lineage.
    3) My son really got into it and we started to dress the engine of our SRT. We made the car "show worthy" and enthusiasts were thrilled to see it. We're doing the same with the Hellcat
    4) A car show is like a "live" forum. But now you get much better info and see stuff 1st hand.

Hanging out with my boy at a car show, talking about cars and the last 100 years of tech and history behind them....priceless.

[​IMG]
    Classic Fiat parked next to us because Fiat and Dodge are now working together. Two very different schools of automotive thinking clearly defined when my son just fits!
    [​IMG]

So given the chance to meet with other enthusiasts and check out other cars, plus share it all with family vs. sitting at my computer reading posts...I'll take the show every time!

Robert

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i only do car shows that benefit charities.. my favorite being a show and poker run every Spring at Camp Victory in Millville Pa.. a Special camp for Special and terminally ill kids... wounded warrior shows are also a favorite as well as something near and dear to my heart.. "Relay for Life" benefiting cancer research and awareness

• Like Like x 6
  13. Aarcuda

Aarcuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    charities. So the even when the money goes to charities, paying should be voluntary. If I want to donate I will. If I dont I wont. so how can joe blow that running the showkeep me out especially when these shows are in a mall parking lot or a high school parking lot or some other public place? I dont know, Im really not interested in paying money, donating to charity or getting a plaque just to let people see my car (and potentially damage it).

So if you run a car show, think about that entrance fee. Theres a bunch of us that just wont go if youre asking us to pay. In my view, I am the one taking the risk. I am the one providing the entertainment. In all fairness, you should be paying me!

14. BIG DAWG

BIG DAWG Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National Exec. Director HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Fortunately, will still live in a land of choices that we can and do make. I see both sides of the coin, but I'm not a fence sitter. My youngest son (The Duke's Crew Chief) has flourished mechanically and with a broadened knowledge base of our great hobby attending car shows and cruise ins; to me, that is worth the "price of admission". Usually, I am my favorite charity, but I do pick the ones that support causes I have an affinity toward.

15. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I like to go to car shows and try to go to as many as I can. Give that I'm in rule southern Indiana where there's not a lot of car groups or race tracks even challengers around people really appreciate the chance to see a hellcat. The worst thing is having to clean it all the time.

• Agree Agree x 2