Am I The Only One With NO VON After 2 Months Of Waiting?!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by X-Men Fiend, Dec 10, 2014.

1. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I consider myself to be a patient person, especially when I'm bass fishin', but the BIG problem I have is that nobody will even give me a VON! I have been talking to numerous Arizona dealers, but one in particular took my 'order' two months ago, I entered all the options and got the handy printout showing my selections and the total price (MSRP) and I don't mind waiting as I know it's the norm. Heck, I could even endure numerous more months of waiting, so long as I knew it wouldn't all be futile. But, over the past two months, I've noticed all the other folks, in my same situation, AT LEAST HAVE A VON, but I still am left with nothing (besides diminishing hopes) so my question to all of you is: did everybody else get a VON, and I'm the only rube with no status or VON, hoping in vain to get a Challenger Hellcat someday?!?

2. AvsBest

AvsBest Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    It does seem pretty odd given that the VON is usually given near-instantly even if the dealer has no allocation as long as the order banks are still open of course. It's just a number to be able to access the particular order, it doesn't guarantee you that your order will be be built. So it is odd

3. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My first dealer order is without a Von yet went to another dealer and got a Von in 24 hours 3 weeks a go!
    If you want I can get you that dealer name .

4. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    IMO, you should have received a VON if you left a deposit and picked out your options. I also received my VON immediately after placing a deposit. I would not accept that situation. Find a Dealer that will get you IN the system.

5. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    no there are several others I think you need to have a talk with your dealer and ask some tough questions.

good luck hope it works out soon for you!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have been in regular contact with the dealer, and he always has polite answers, but they are always something like "they are putting these cars out slowly, you just need to hang tight, I will let you know if you get any status..." which continues to leave me in limbo. I think in the next day or two, I am going to tell him that being without a VON for two months means I have been strung along, since it seems almost everybody else gets a VON except me!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Your dealer would make an excellent politician

8. dejohn

dejohn Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It is my understanding that the VON is created when an order is placed in the system with the factory. if there is no VON, I would think the order has not yet been placed with the factory in the system. But this is only my understanding of how it works, I do not know for sure, but I would not be comfortable without a VON....

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree with dejohn. When the order is placed with Dodge, you will get a VON. Doesn't guarantee that you will get a car, but at least Dodge can see your order. When your order actually goes to D1 status (it's GOING to be built), you will get a VIN and at that point you can't change options or get a refund on any deposit. At least that is the amount of knowledge that I have learned from talking to another dealer this afternoon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I cannot fathom why my dealer acts like he just cannot get a VON yet for me, seems very strange, I gave him my credit-card digits two months ago for the $1000 deposit he requested (but I don't think he actually charged my Visa, as it hasn't appeared yet on any bills) and he 'seems' legitimate and forthright, but I am increasingly alarmed that no VON has ever been provided, despite my telling him that I feel I should have received one by now. Here I have cut and pasted his latest email to me, which I just received this week:

"I wish I could tell you I have an update for you but I don't I do check all of our orders daily for updates and send them out as I get them. The unfortunate part of our order system is that even though Phoenix is one of the largest markets in the country, and we are the second largest "e" size dealership, the largest class in the country, the allocation is the same for dealers like us as they are for the dealership in Cedar Rapids Iowa. They just aren't releasing them on orders as quickly as the orders come in. Hang tight. I know thats hard to hear but nothing can be done to make Dodge produce these any faster. We still haven't got our first unit yet for the guy who ordered his on 9/10."

11. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yea bro, its time for plan B

12. dejohn

dejohn Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree with Abe, no VON, no charge on credit card! I would bail and find another dealer, for whatever reason he is stringing you along. Unless he can show you the order in the system a (VON) I would walk.... Good luck

13. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think y'all are right. I don't know what his motives would be, to string me along so mercilessly. I mean, seems even if I DID have a VON, he could still stiff me on the car if he's greedy in order to sell it to somebody else for a higher price, so it makes no sense that he acts like VON's are unavailable. I just sent him another email, a bit more direct about his inability to provide any status to me, here is my newest message to my local Dodge dealer:

"Hi Dennis,
    Thanks for getting back to me, but your reply did not address why you appear to be the only Dodge dealer that doesn't get VONs. I understand there is a backlog, and that many dealers haven't even received their first Hellcat yet. That doesn't explain the lack of VON. Even the patrons of the little dealers still got VON's, even those folks that just ordered in recent weeks and are WAY down the list and were told they may not get a car, or it will be next spring or later before a VIN is provided to them! Everybody across the nation, even those waiting for months in BX status with no allocations at their dealer, STILL HAS A VON. Thus, the lack of VON isn't caused by the slow production of the Challenger Hellcats by Dodge, it's something about your dealership, --what makes it where you cannot get VONs like everybody else?
    Confused,
    Robert"

14. Tspoon

Tspoon VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They must have seen you coming......LOL......

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My AZ dealer has just now replied to my question regarding my lacking VON:
    "The VONs come when an order gets picked up from allocation. The ones who ordered early and when the car got picked up for allocation the VON was created through Chrysler to say that the car has been slated to build. When each order gets picked up through allocation the VON will be the first thing that pops up. You can see in the second shot of the Chargers in our system, the third car from the bottom only is issued the VON where the others have a VIN as well. This means that the order has been received and a tentative build schedule has been made. When the VIN gets issued it will go to D status saying there is a Firm schedule and then D1 says it is sequenced to be built. Only when the code starts with a K like the one below that is blue is the car truly on its way from the plant."

If what he says is true, then dozens of folks on this site that are still "BX" status would not have their VONs either, but they DO have VON's, so either this dealer is lying to me, or his ordering system is different than the rest of the country?!?