An old man told me And some history

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Carnage, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have an old customer who is in his 80s who served in World War II and used to be a hardcore underground street racer using American muscle cars in the late 1940s 50s 60s. He now drives euro exotics but he said at one point Chevrolet was king of the hill in the mid 1900s. He said 230HP was king back then, now you have a regular car that would tear up those old cars. He had a 15 man car crew, they drove from New York to the surrounding states all together racing people at any spontaneous chance they could get.
    Every Dodge, Ford, Chevy had their loyal fanboys and they stuck with it for life. Interesting old guys once you get to know them.
    He said for me to get rid of my challenger and charger and that I'm a wannabe street racer LMFAO - I said I don't think that way of myself and I don't care what people think I just enjoy horsepower and riding the muscle cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What a great guy to run into!! It is funny because my family was like that Chevy all the way and as I got older and had various cars, I decided Mopar was my domestic of choice! My parents still give me crap as my mom is driving her Chevy in for recalls all the time and my dad, well, he has a 70 El Camino that is fast as hell and pretty darn nice so I can't say anything bad about it.;) Just not a Mopar...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Lol that's cool and pretty consistent. The old man did say Chevrolet is no longer king of the hill but euro sport is. Good choice I used to be all about ricer 10 years ago until so many problems came up on 3rd party turbo chargers and I quit the car scene for like 4years then when I came back I went mopar with my fiancé by chance.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tammie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good choice. She is a very good influence!!:)

5. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks Tammie!

6. Tammie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    :D Very Welcome! I like that you have so many positive things to say about her and you compromise. Awesome! :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Aww shucks x2
    :oops: