Another Dealer, more stories to justify their 20k mark up

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by cal45, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cal45

cal45 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Central FL Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram here in Orlando have been receiving multiple HC's and currently have 6. I already knew that they were marking these up big time as I stopped in over a month ago but decided to call them as it appears their inventory is building up and maybe they would be open to MSRP.....

I ask the salesman if all are available for sale or are they customer orders. I'm informed one is sold, but all are dealer inventory available to anyone willing to pay 20k over MSRP (we can discuss later how well that Dodge Allocation system is working where Tim K has said that the orders filled wont be dealer inventory). Salesman proceeds to tell me they are "limited production and they are not making any more for 2015"....I disagree and tell him that Dodge has extended the 15 model year to September and that the HC is not limited production. Told him I wasn't looking to pay over MSRP, he promptly told me they were not selling at MSRP and sticking with their set mark ups (again, well done Dodge for letting this happen and choosing the allocation system to reward these folks)....I said Thanks and bye.

This is the closest dealer to my house and have had them service both my Ram and Jeep in the past but I will never step foot in there again.

• Like Like x 1
  2. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    yeah, RS already said the HC production numbers are over 2k, and these dealers quote the article from june about only 1200

3. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Typical greedy DA salesman

4. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Same with mine 5 miles away. They wanted $75,000 just to place an order with their unused allocation. I supposed the thought of getting $75,000, even though the one on their lot hasn't sold yet at $85,000, is better than punching in some keys and making $5000+ real money with a guaranteed sold order?

5. MVT

MVT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That kind of happened to me, the dealer I bought a 2012 R/T and then traded for a Ordered SRT 392 Core wouldn't even contact me when I called a couple of times and left messeges just wanting to be informed when one was coming to at least look because they were auctioning and selling for 20k over. never got anything.
    In november I called another dealer and the mgr said he had 2 ordered for customers for 10k over but if I wanted to order he would do 5k and money back at anytime written on the contract. So I got a von and then when the black hood issue came out I remembered the 2 in front of me ordered black hoods so I went to the dealer and they said guess what you have a vin. I said the 2 in front wanted to wait for the black hoods and he said right, I was next in line and got the car there first one in.
    By the way I went to the As*&^%# dealer I use to got to a bout a week before mine was coming and saw my old salesman and said I got one coming next week for 5k the least you could have done with me buying 2 cars is work with me. Also there was a Hellcat sitting in the rain on the lot with 20K over sticker and know buyer Jac@*!#(s I will ever go to that dealer again.

6. 1FSTCAT

1FSTCAT The Punisher

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Trust me, it's coming around...more and more are coming out every day. These 20k markups have a limited life-span....best advice, be respectful and tell them should they decide to sell at MSRP, call you, you're prepared to buy the same day.

AFTER I found my car in NC doing a nation wide search, no less than seven dealership have contacted me for selling a car at MSRP that were inbound...they had filled their completed orders. Don't get me wrong, those cars likely sold same day, but just ask to speak to the sales manager and give him the information, you might be surprised what happens as the days tick away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    id just tell them you feel its unethical....which it is.......also tell them you will just take your business else where....and YOUR SERVICE WORK TOO

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. rayzazoo

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I remember going in September to my local dear that wanted $85,000 to order (they mention only 1200 are being built and it will be limited). Then went to them again in January; they want $75,000 to order (they mention there is no limit on hellcat builds and we can place you an order for the ADM price). The real issue I have is being feed bogus information in order to manipulate the customer.

And that is how my local dealership has lost my business, plus any recommendations to others for future business and service.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  9. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I will take two............... oh...... wait not so rare???????mmm what to do what to do................. never mind.

10. 1FSTCAT

1FSTCAT The Punisher

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's absolutely not unethical...Suggested Retail Price...dealers are free to charge what they want, hence Dodge's efforts to control the bleeding via the allocation system. Not saying I agree with it, it sucks, but it is a business.

My local dealership lost my business in the same manner...not sure it will matter to them.

Just keep looking, deals are out there...

11. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah, I believe if you think that just since you've bought a few vehicles and use their service depts. through the years, that it buys you some kind of loyalty, I think your mistaken. Now granted, there may be a few dealers like that, but the majority are out to make as much as they can and milk something like this for as long as they can. Loyalty buys you nothing anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. rayzazoo

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dodge's efforts would have been used better if they prioritized customer sold orders / had a way to differentiate them as legitimate orders when the order banks opened.

To further emphasize how the allocation system is broke. The same local dealer that still has the $85,000 Hellcat on the lot since December, is now getting another one built.....

Wasn't the whole point of the allocation system to not reward another allocation to dealerships that have Hellcats sit on their lots?

13. 1FSTCAT

1FSTCAT The Punisher

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well if that is how the allocation system is truly going, it's broke.

14. cal45

cal45 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I never considered buying a car at MSRP a deal, but I guess in this case it is. :(

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. Bad Kitty!

Bad Kitty! Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I laughed at him when he told me the exact same thing.

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.