Another Dumb Dealer

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Jim Hetrick, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Jim Hetrick

Jim Hetrick Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This dealer states NO RESERVE. but has a reserve auction. I ask why, he siad the reserve comes off when the first person bids. Why then do you have a reserve, bidders can't go below your staring price. He also has in the cars are used and sold AS IS. he said that was a mistake. This is where problems start these Dealers or internet people don't know what ther doing. He has this Red car and another Black car same equipment. Looks like if no ones bids this up you can get it for about MSRP oh, there is a 500 dealer fee.
    Dodge Challenger No Reserve RARE 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat eBay

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. HellcatKid

HellcatKid Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Limited Production what a joker....that is also false advertising misrepresenting an item in the listing!

3. CivilEngineer42

CivilEngineer42 Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I can only say one thing........"Caveat Emptor"
    Well make it two......."A Fool And His Money Are Easily Parted"

4. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    report it for false and misrepresentation of the item.

5. Jim Hetrick

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Go ahead

6. Jim Hetrick

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    He responded like this to my questions and statement. What I asked is in red, his answer is in black. I told him look in the mirror when you say "Clown" and then asked him to post some more auctions so here we could laugh some more. THIS IS WHY THERES A PROBLEM IN MOST CASES, DODGE CAN'T MAKE HIM SMART

Go away you clown...On 1/13/15, 10:33 AM, :Re: Dodge : Challenger NO RESERVE-RARE-2015 DODGE CHALLENGER SRT HELLCAT #321640642278So why would you start with a reserve. When someone bids you got your starting price they can't go below that. No reserve needed. You guys selling these cars are giving Dodge a bad name. Learn your job. I already have a Hellcat thanks
    - rhclexington

7. BlackCat

BlackCat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    lol -nice! ;-)

8. Jim Hetrick

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    He'll have to get the orders right when he works the window at his next job, McDonalds

9. BlackCat

BlackCat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    yeah and they probably wont get a second allotment since they are doing exactly what dodge did not want dealers to do. the first allotment was supposed to be for customer orders not show room orders! ;-)

10. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    dealers suck then you die....that's the way life is. I was "third" on my dealer list but I see they have their 3rd hellcat inbound and I still don't have a VIN. We gonna be talking later today when dealer gets in.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. CubeMan

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    when i asked about proving the limited production they quoted this article from June 2014

"With over 700 horsepower on tap and a price tag barely over $60k, Dodge appears on paper to have a winner on its hands with the new Challenger SRT Hellcat. But if you want to get your hands on one, you may have to act quicker than this most powerful of muscle cars covers the quarter-mile.

That's because, according to our compatriots over at Edmunds, Dodge may limit production – in the first year, at least – to just 1,200 units. That would amount to barely a quarter of the Challengers that Dodge moves each month, and would also mean only one Hellcat for every two Dodge dealers in the US - which could lead to some serious contention over which stores and which customers can get their hands on the ultimate Challenger.

Reached for comment, SRT spokesman Dan Reid told Autoblog that "there is no plan to limit production of the Challenger Hellcat," echoing the words of Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis who told Edmunds: "We don't know what the market demand is." Which doesn't mean that it won't restrict production, but doesn't mean that it will, either. It just hasn't decided yet - or announced any such decision, at any rate - over what will be the final allocation strategy for what could be a game-changing muscle car. That is, at least, until new versions of the Mustang and Camaro come along in pursuit of Dodge's bragging "

12. CubeMan

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Now they've changed their wording when i linked to articles stating other wise.

"Sir, all I can tell you is as of TODAY..they are NOT built and are extremely limited.....Our Mopar rep has made it clear their press-release of more production may just be cannon-fodder....

We own the franchises sir....I am confident we are disseminating honest, accurate information.
    Thanks!"

Limited to them now means limited right now, not the 1200 they stated.

13. CivilEngineer42

CivilEngineer42 Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just talked to them.......10K to 12K over sticker......And wont budge.......

14. Jim Hetrick

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So here is what this dealer is doing, No reserve but if the auction doesn't get to what he wants (10k/12k over MSRP) they will end the auction early. Ebay rules wont let you end a auction with no reserve within the last 24 hours, I hope he knows that, unless they just say its damaged and can't be sold right now.

15. CivilEngineer42

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You know what I have just determined: Chrysler at the Top is a Bunch Of Jerk Off's..........Over Paid, Self Centered, and Arrogant.......I have been researching and looking all over the country and there are Hellcats sitting on Showroom Floors all over at 10K to 20K over MSRP and in some cases even more........But meanwhile there are "SOLD ORDERS" and good hard working folks that cant get a car that have put out there hard earned dollars as deposits are giving the F*CKED UP DEALERS A TAX FREE INTEREST FREE LOAN........If anyone from Chrysler Top Brass Reads this:

"YOU NEED TO HAVE YOUR MORAL COMPASS CHECKED" to allow what is going on to continue is "SHAMEFUL" and it has become very clear that your parents "NEVER TAUGHT YOU HOW TO ACT IN HONEST AND RESPECTFUL WAY TOWARDS OTHERS".........

Man I feel Better After That.......Good for another 6 months of Eternal BX Status........LOL

• Funny Funny x 1