Answer from NHRA....

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Birddog, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Birddog

Birddog Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So after many conversations with NHRA, I received a clarification on Roll Bar requirements from Pat Cvengros who is on the NHRA Rules Committee. With respects to street legal racing, cars can run up to 10.0 sec without a roll bar. As for bracket racing (street, Pro, Super-pro) with racing without a roll bar (to 10.0 sec) his response was:

"That would be up to your local track; but to answer your question I would not have an issue with letting you run."

The area where there will be complications is at major events. This is where you need a roll bar at 11.50. Here is His response:

"I don’t see us changing this rule for now. If you run NHRA Street Legal or just bracket races at your local track you would be OK down to 10.0. If you run Summit, Lucas or a National event you would have to have the roll bar."

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]So basically check with your local track and let them know of this conversation if they have any concerns. Hope this helps !!![/FONT]

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. Link

Link Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good to know, of course we don't have NHRA here in Memphis anymore, it is IHRA now. Should be similar rules I guess.

3. Top Cat

Top Cat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Fastest Cat/Record Holder HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Same as last year, it really comes down to the track you are running on, to the 99% I would not put the bar or cage in unless your local track mandates it, most here never race a NHRA event.
    TC

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Birddog

Birddog Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm in the same boat. My local track (15 minutes from my door step) is IHRA and the next closest IHRA track is 10 hrs. All other tracks are NHRA here in the west. I'm still waiting to hear from Mike Baker (IHRA) on this one.....

5. Rocky_Rhode

Rocky_Rhode Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I only do "fun night drags", and weekend "test n tune" our track looks at your vehicle as a whole when making decisions about strict adherence to NHRA requirements. Newer models are given more lenience than older models without modern technology suspension/traction systems.

They do not, however, allow any deviations from the rules during sanctioned events.

6. Birddog

Birddog Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Our street legal drags have between 200-300 cars every friday. It sucks cause you only get 4-5 passes all night as long as there is no oil downs :(