Any chance in hell?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by terryturner, Apr 2, 2015.

1. terryturner

terryturner Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey all I'm new to this site and am curious what the chances are for me to get my hands on one of these. I have read all the horror stories and I dont even have a deposit sitting somewhere. I originally had down payment on one back in July but when Ford said 14 would be last year for Raptor for a while I rushed out to buy one so obviously cancelled my hellcat. Now I've come into some money and am hoping to make this a reality. My original order was transferred to someone in Florida and I'm in Michigan. I'm looking for Redline, A8, black laguna. I'm flexible on color tho. My dealer said it's highly unlikely so I'm going to contact other dealers.

2. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Buying this late at MSRP is going to be difficult. Lots of Hellcats sitting on lots with ADM fees. Do a build on the Dodge website, on the summary page select "search inventory". Expand search to 200+ miles and start calling. If you find one, negotiate. Maybe someone else can chime in with their search procedure.

3. terryturner

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ya I figured that. I don't mind paying some but anything over 5k is crazy. (5k is even too much but I expect it). I did try looking on there. Not sure if it's my phone or the website but I was getting annoyed with all the back and forth. Thank u for your input tho.

4. terryturner

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Also, how do I go about contacting dealers? I can technically only view the vehicles that say "on dealer lot." Should I say anything to the ones that are "in transit?" I know 99% of them are prolly already allocated to someone but I'm determined to find one

5. Sinurgy

Sinurgy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's an uphill battle right now. I've been doing that for a few weeks and have gotten nowhere. The most annoying part is how they claim $10k over is what they're going for meanwhile I've heard that from 20 different dealers all of whom still have the Hellcat on their lot. The fact is even the patient dealers are getting $2-5K and some aren't even getting that but at this point they refuse to budge. Hopefully a few more weeks of not selling them will get them to be a little more realistic.

Oddly enough your odds of getting a Challenger are better than a Charger. The Chargers are marked up even higher but I suspect that's about to change as there are several just sitting on lots. The cars are hot no doubt about it but they're not as hot as the dealers would lead you to believe!

6. Sinurgy

Sinurgy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've been doing both on the lot and in transit but it hasn't mattered either way yet.

7. TIGwelder

TIGwelder SSDD

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Don't worry, Tim is gonna tell all the dealers they can't markup over $8500

He's also sending them Depends, so when they pee themselves laughing, they don't make a mess.

• Like Like x 3
  8. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    At this point enjoy your Raptor and wait for the '16 why go thru the pain and mark up?

Did you see the new Raptor??? looks bad a$$, Dodge has one to compete with it called the Rebel maxresdefault.jpg

9. Deputydog

Deputydog Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
  10. Sinurgy

Sinurgy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'd have one if only the Raptor could tow!! I understand it's not too bad all things considering but with that suspension one really has to watch the tongue weight.

11. 70Cuda

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What do you want to tow? I have a " IMG_0271.jpg 12 Raptor and it has the brake control built in. We had a 21 foot camper pulled it no problem it was 4300 Lbs, will pull, my Malibu Response Lxi and a snowmobile trailer. It will not pull a ski loader or car hauler. Unless there is no car on the hauler.

12. Sinurgy

Sinurgy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    One of these...
    [​IMG]

with a 600lbs ATV on the front deck and another 600lbs ATV in the bed of the truck. It also has to pull while climbing several thousand feet in elevation over mountain passes and do it in 110 degree heat.

13. 70Cuda

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    you should be fine just a matter of tongue weight, I had to run the weight dist hitch with the camper IMG_0198.jpg IMG_0198.jpg

14. Sinurgy

Sinurgy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah it's the tongue weight that kills it, the camper is great for hauling a couple of quads but that arrangement puts the bulk of their weight on the tongue. I have a 3/4 ton and it still sags it a bit!

btw...nice camper!

• Like Like x 1
  15. 70Cuda

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    we sold it for a 5th wheel and I have to use my work truck to haul it cause its a turbo diesel. but many people forget about the tongue weight. The Raptor got good mileage with the load. gets about 15 all the time but got 11 with the camper , not bad.