Any Chargers with a VIN told they aren't going to get their cat?

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by Hemibuck, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Just checking to see if any Charger orders that have a VIN have received a call saying that their cat won't get built due to the lack of A8's for this model year. I seems that all the talk about those getting calls, due to the apparent shortage, are for those with a VON only and for Challengers with a VIN that want a A8. Can anyone confirm this? I had called SRT on Tuesday for my weekly update and was given a tentative build date of June 1st up from the 15th a week prior. But after this rumor I called back and they said that I needed to call my dealer and that I should have never been told that info about my build date. I got a hold of my dealer and was told that this car is going to get built this model year and to not freak out. So for what it's worth it sound like if you have a Charger with a VIN you are better off than those with a VON and or a Challenger with a VIN and wanting a A8.

2. DrKopp

DrKopp Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Charger with a VIN. 'Estimated' build date of 6/15 as of last week. No call telling me it won't get built this year...yet. According to other posts I've seen on this site, all ordered charger hellcats should get built this year. Obviously, things could change. Calls have gone out to some challengers with A8's however asking to change to M6.

3. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Agreed. Mine was 5/24/15 then 6/15/15 then last week 6/1/15 but now they won't tell me. They did tell me 2 weeks ago that it was because of the A8 shortage but that it was going to pick back up in May. I'm just taking the last date and holding out. That would mean that I should be getting a D1 status here in the next week or so.

I'm guessing that they are making the cuts to the VON Chally's to make room for more Chargers because they are only 20% of the total HC build and they have only been out for 5 months. But your right who knows. Thanks for the info!