Any concensus on when not allocation orders might be built?

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by t76turbo, Jan 29, 2015.

1. t76turbo

t76turbo Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I just joined but have been reading for a while.

I was set on getting a cts-v sedan or wagon but then the hellcat Charger came along and is a little more my style.
    I dont have to be the first guy on my block to get one. But I AM in the market for another car and I thought I would try and make it work.

I called the dealers in my area and they all had dealer premiums which I will not pay. I started working my way out and a dealer just barely outside my city said they would order one at msrp with $1000 deposit.

Like I said, I have been reading here for a while and I know there are varying opinions on how the allocation process and the customer order process works. But thought I would ask in my own thread what the concensus is on a general timeframe a car being ordered at a dealership that admitted they did not currently have any allocations might be built????

I dont mind a good wait as I can save for a better down payment. And I never thought in a million years I would even consider spending this much on a car. So more down payment, the better.

2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    If the dealer doesn't have an allocation then it could be a looooong wait and no one can answer the time frame

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. LeoDoc

LeoDoc Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I don't know if there's a "consensus" as much as there are differing theories as to who gets an allocation and how.

I think we all agree on one thing... Higher volume dealers likely get the most allocations up front. Best of luck with getting one of these kitties!

• Like Like x 1
  4. t76turbo

t76turbo Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I guess my concern is if I get settled in for a long wait (which I am ok with) and then it just simply never gets built. When I could have at least tried to work with other dealers in the meantime.

Thanks for the responses. I just got off the phone with the main sales manager and he didnt sugar coat it at all. I like honesty. And he said he would put the order in with $0 deposit. But said multiple times that with no current allocation he couldnt dream of giving me a timeframe.

So I may just do it and wait it out.

5. Mtr

Mtr Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I think it's safe to say that particular concern is not valid -- an order will eventually be fulfilled. But like B5 Blue said, the problem is that the dealer can't say with certainty when they'll be allocated a car.

I'd advocate placing your order but also continue the hunt. I've read numerous stories of dealers in smaller towns having an allocated car but no orders.

6. t76turbo

t76turbo Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you MTR. I see your point. I am going through the options today and will be meeting with the manager either this saturday or next. But I will keep checking with other dealers as well just in case.