Any Dealerships in FL selling at MSRP?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by HellcatSteve, Mar 2, 2016.

1. HellcatSteve

HellcatSteve Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I went to a somewhat local Dodge dealership yesterday to try and purchase a Plum Crazy Charger Hellcat that was listed online at MSRP, and when I arrived they showed me an addendum for more than $8k over sticker? After some back and forth with the sales manager etc., I was unable to get them to go below $5k over sticker so I walked.

I have been a lurker on here for months and seen many people talk about how these cars can be had for MSRP. Today I made a few phone calls to some other dealerships locally and even when they list the cars below MSRP it's the same thing once I speak to a salesman.... they want well over sticker. Does anyone familiar with this know if this is the standard just because I'm in So FL and if so what do people recommend I can do? I don't want to pay way above sticker, I thought the days of paying way over sticker were gone? I simply want to make a purchase at MSRP, seems fair enough to me, but maybe I'm mistaken? Any help and advice would greatly be appreciated.

2. BrightWhite392

BrightWhite392 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Keep looking, buying at MSRP is out there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 1949chopper

1949chopper NC STATE PRESIDENT Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Florida, Texas and California seem to be the last holdouts for ADM. Look elsewhere and go on a road trip. If you buy with no trade it's way easier to do. 2 dealers in Charlotte area are selling for sticker and 1 is asking 2k ADM. They would probably drop it. It's a PCP challenger.

4. cat1pro

cat1pro Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have an msrp order in at autonation pembroke pines. My salesman's name is Stan Morton good luck.

5. HellcatSteve

HellcatSteve Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks guys, I will certainly keep at it and look to find at MSRP, a few members have reached out to me from out of the state that have them at their dealerships at MSRP so I will certainly not be paying over MSRP in So FL, road trip would certainly be an option for me if needed. Meantime I will contact Pembroke Pines to see what they have or can do also, thanks cat1pro.

6. natesrt

natesrt Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I bought mine from Smitty at Fields in Sanford, FL (Central FL). Great buying experience and MSRP + dealer fee (700).

7. m5biemer

m5biemer Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Daytona Dodge sells at msrp, but I believe there might be a wait list. You can call the sales mgr TJ at 386-274-0571 and ask. I believe the GM ordered a PCP charger with stripes, but not sure if it's for him or will go on the lot. My PCP charger is on their lot, just waiting for delivery. It looks like there's a red charger coming from dodge.com site but it might be pre-sold.

8. 707 Fc7

707 Fc7 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    HellcatSteve.
    Find out of state and make road trip.
    Another option is to order out of state and have that dealership drop ship it to a dealer local to you. All part of the 995 destination charge. Pay out of state dealer. Have local dealer take delivery and PDI it.
    It can be done. I bought and had challenger drop shipped 1200 miles. Did not cost me anything extra. PDI did not cost me a dime because that is a service that dealerships bill FCA directly.
    Good luck finding something. Dont pay over msrp

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. evperry

evperry Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Let me understand this.

If you ask for a drop ship, the cost is a flat 995 and the liability is on Chrysler Dealer if the car is damaged?

How long does it take?

I'm assuming dealers hate doing this because the receiving dealer doesn't make anything on it?

This is wonderful because I hate driving long distances much less even leaving NYC. Not one dealer has mentioned this as I am negotiating.

10. 707 Fc7

707 Fc7 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The "drop ship" takes same route and transfer process as any car that is delivered to accepting dealership. Usually rail car from Brampton to local distribution center then truck to dealership.
    FCA does not care where it is shipped as long as a sale is made.
    Local dealership makes PDI money (approximately $250).

11. 707 Fc7

707 Fc7 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My local dealership has said they have recieved delivery on cars that they did not sell.
    They hope to get your service/maintenance/ recall work in the future

12. 707 Fc7

707 Fc7 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am in Michigan. I tried to order from the huge dealership in idaho and have it shipped to Florida. They said they dont and wont do that.
    Went to my local dealership and they had no problem shipping it to Florida.
    During ordering process there is a spot on order form that states which dealership that challenger is shipped to.
    It is that simple. Just need to find dealer that will do this for you. All of them are capable of it. Some choose not to.

13. 16HELLCAT

16HELLCAT BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They can ship from new jersey. They have 2 white challengers coming in anyday and a purple one that is in paint status.. contact Anthony 862-485-5485

14. 16HELLCAT

16HELLCAT BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    At sticker ready to ship PCP Charger

Attached Files:

15. evperry

evperry Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    You learn something every day.

So this would be on a factory build only?

Makes sense to me, who cares where the car goes as long as your get paid for it.

Im going to start a petition to allow car dealers to sell to the public.....