Any decent dealers in Houston

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by ls1ashley, May 17, 2015.

1. ls1ashley

ls1ashley Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi all, I've always appreciated muscle cars and have owned a Trans Am and a Mustang. However, I've arrived late to the Hellcat party and obviously missed out on an AWESOME car. However, there's always next year. That said,

Is it too early to talk about tactics for purchasing in 2016? I know the 'order banks' are set to open in a few months.

Given all the shadiness that went down for 2015, I'm also looking for any recommendations as to who to work with. Do I go with a small dealer near my hometown in the Mid-West where I'm likely the only order (at least, until others call from out-of-state), or do I just go to a big dealer here in the Houston area?

Thanks! I'll be reading the forum top-to-bottom, great forum all.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shake&Bake

Shake&Bake Back to (1) Club?

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There are a lot of dealers here. I got mine at Autonation in Spring. I paid
    $ 2500.00 over MSRP. But there are a lot people on here who have bought at MSRP. The only thing I can tell you, is make sure they have an allocation, or its gonna be a long time before you get one

3. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I went with my hometown dealer...small to medium in size. Talked with the fleet mgr and owner to finally get a deal I could live with. I just drop in every week or two and my guy will give me updates whenever I ask. Shows me his dealer connect screen and I know exactly where I stand. They will have had 4 HC's delivered when this MY ends...mine is #4. Try your closest dealers and go straight for the fleet mgr, top sales mgr, or owner. Don't screw around with the lot sales people....Good Luck for 2016...ordering opens 8/25!!

4. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow... 2500 over at autonation in spring? Salesman are still telling me that they are going for $15k over there... Apparently they lied to me (insert shocking music here).

MSRP dealers in the Houston area are Tomball Dodge and Ron Carter in league city. Might be others but those 2 are MSRP dealers. I bought mine from Ron Carter at MSRP and they never thought twice about a markup. Tomball is cool as they move your cat to the viper floor when it's received so no one will be sitting in it on the showroom floor.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shake&Bake

Shake&Bake Back to (1) Club?

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I got lucky, I do the GM's plumbing work. I guess maybe that's why? I didn't ask I just said ok

6. Greg

Greg Senior Hellcat Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Houston has a strong demand for Hellcats, and from what I have seen you won't be getting anything other than what you would expect from such a market 1) A couple of mid-volume dealers, mostly outside of the city, that will sell for MSRP, but you can imagine how many takers they have. You had better be a friend of the owner and/or ordering day 1 to have a chance to be one of the allocations that will come in. 2) Pay a premium at one of the high volume city dealerships.

We now know what Mustang and Camaro have in store for 2016, and I don't see anything from them that will lessen the demand for Hellcats.

7. badash

badash Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just go out of state.

8. shaystoy

shaystoy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    We got our charger for MSRP from Autonation.

9. Greg

Greg Senior Hellcat Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Charger has a different supply/demand curve, that appears to be more in the buyer's favor. The OP looks to be wanting the Challenger.

10. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yea charger is totally different. The salesman there told me from the start that chargers are MSRP but challengers started at $20k over and dropped to $15k as of now.
    I know tomball Dodge had a lost of about 15 people back in August. Ron Carter league city stopped adding to their list either late 2014 or early 2015.

If you want a 2016 model get on a list asap. Then supplement that with looking at dealer stock orders once the 2016 starts hitting the showroom floor. In other words, use a multi pronged attack

• Agree Agree x 1