Any good dealers for service in South FL?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Maintenance' started by natesrt, Mar 12, 2016.

1. natesrt

natesrt Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Does anyone know of any good dealers for service down in South Florida? I need to get an oil change done and reading all the threads here about dealers not knowing about the 2nd plug, messing things up, etc it would be great if anyone has some personal life experience. Looking for a dealer preferably in Miami it Broward and if you can share the service manager contact that would be great. Thanks in advance.

2. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would do a google review search or Yelp for that zip code or widen search area to include a area you are comfortable driving to. Make sure they have a SRT tech and make an appointment, introduce yourself, bring the guys some pastries and you will have a lot of less stress that way. Make your presence that you are knowledgeable right away and it will go much smoother for you

3. natesrt

natesrt Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Does the SRT tech typically do oil changes or is that something that can be requested? I've looked at Google reviews and usually it's mostly about the sales experience. With the added complexity of the hellcat oil changes I just want to make sure whomever does it is doing it right.

Or I could just save myself the stress and do it myself, which I may do if I can't find a trust worthy dealer down here. I used to take my 392 to University Dodge but the service manager there quit and went to open his own shop somewhere else.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MABBRYFL30

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would ask for the same SRT tech even for routine oil changes. Really you can't go wrong and it is the same guy that works on your car. Having a service record on file with a Chrysler is another good idea.
    Another good idea would be to register your car on dodge.com. You will need your vin to create a user account. This will allow you to access your warranty records and maintenance records. In the event there is s recall or s software update you can set up to receive email alerts. If you are original owner call and get a free printed copy of your owners manual. 1-800-992-1997 and they will ship you free manuals!!!

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. natesrt

natesrt Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the tip! I did register my car and I get the monthly emails. Funny thing is that I'm just over my 6 months but no maintenance reminders either from dodge or my car. I'm well under mileage so I'm thinking that's probably the reason but I still need to get it done just in case.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MABBRYFL30

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Are you signed up for email alerts? The vehicles are not equipped with technology to transmit data to satellites to gather data like that. Eventually like other highline models computer updates can be done without going to dealer. Mercedes Benz and bmw can do that. The real problem with that is the customer has to sign off that it can be done. Most people will not give permission to flash software from the manufacturer. I am on the fence on this, who says your system can't be hacked and your vehicle is rendered useless. We have flashed thousands of cars at work and if you lose Internet connection during a flash, it shorts a module. Often we don't stock these pcms and other controllers because Chrysler will not allow dealers to stockpile them. Which puts the customers vehicle out a couple days or weeks to get a needed module

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. natesrt

natesrt Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think so. I get email maintenance reminders from them plus a monthly overview that shows my mileage.

8. blaze

blaze ☆★✪ The Watcher ✪★☆ Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    natesrt: there are great techs here in south Florida.. my advice is to get to know your service department and techs.. i know it can be nerve racking to find someone worthy of working on such a fine animal.. :cool:

9. natesrt

natesrt Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah I know. There are a lot of shady dealers down here also but hopefully I can find a good one and then just stick with them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. blaze

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    check your PMs when you can please

• Like Like x 1
  11. blaze

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    also: tipping is not a city in china.. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Highlyfueled

Highlyfueled Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't trust any of the dealers. I bring my car to patriot automotive on commercial Boulevard, ask for Mark he's the owner, you won't be disappointed

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. natesrt

natesrt Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yep that's the guy that used to manage the service department at University Dodge and where I would take my 392 for service while he was there. Great guy and I'm glad he's going well on his own.

The problem is that eventually the car does need to go to a dealer for TSBs and also I have a squeaky exhaust valve that needs to be fixed.

So I am going to have to find a good dealer anyways.

14. Highlyfueled

Highlyfueled Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    exhaust valve? Please give me a call 954 309 0930 Eddie

15. HellcatSteve

HellcatSteve Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I checked five dodge dealerships around me on google reviews and all of them had numerous terrible 1* reviews on their service departments. I don't understand how and why these dealerships accept this and seem to do nothing about it? Is Dodge still that low end of a brand (outside of the Hellcat) that this is just "acceptable"? A quick google of reviews of JM Lexus shows numerous 5* service reviews, so it's not as if people only do reviews when they are angry, it appears to be a Dodge specific service issue, at least in So FLA, I'm really perplexed by this.

• Like Like x 1