Any good trusted dealerships where I can put an order in .... Long Island, NY

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by y2k2, Jan 25, 2015.

1. y2k2

y2k2 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello all,

Just talked to my dealership and the sales guy was like "oh let me talk to my locate manager to make sure that we can locate it. For all I know they may not be able to locate it".

So in case this order falls through the cracks. Are there any other trusted dealerships in the Long Island NY region where I can put an order in. I thought an order meant business for sure but I guess not with the hellcat...

2. y2k2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    hmmm, that could mean an array of different things lol

3. Sublimecat

Sublimecat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Why limit yourself to Long Island, NY? A car from anywhere in the US can be there in a week or 2.

4. y2k2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I guess just for the convenience. I don't feel like going cross country to find out I'll be charged way over MSRP.
    But a good point though. I could try NJ and Connecticut so if anyone knows good sales guys in the tristate area then that's good too.

5. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Curiosity, where can you drive in NY?

6. Sublimecat

Sublimecat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What are the particulars of the car you want, color, trans, options, etc?

7. y2k2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sublime Green with black interior, 6 speed, Navigation.

Oh, can't forget the black hood also...

8. Sublimecat

Sublimecat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sounds like you want to buy my car? I will keep my eyes out. Laguna Leather or Alcantera, or does it matter?

9. y2k2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Alcantera. Not sure how Laguna Leather and Sublime green would look together.

10. Sublime 70

Sublime 70 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    How about upstate?, I got mine from a dealer in the Albany area........got it Nov 28th.........been enjoying it for a few months now!!......

11. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    forget about the black hood, do a 1500 mile search and ill bet you find your car tomorrow for msrp

or order a car, maybe they get an allowance, maybe they dont.....and after waiting 4-6 months and maybe not get your car anyways----THEN you do a 1500 mile search and find your car for a bit under msrp

i dont see why anyone would order a Challenger HC at this point....seem pointless

if you want the black hood then just wait 2-3 months...then start your 1500 mile search and go pick it up

i wanted the black hood too originally...after reading all the extra care you will need to take i said forget that....better to do a wrap if thats what you want

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Cat-Man-Do

Cat-Man-Do Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    for entertainment value, i looked for something at msrp the past couple weeks and ran across one in a color I didn't want 400 miles away. I don't doubt you might have luck in the east/north this time of year,but not so easy out west. Yes, you can find and ship and add about $1k to your price. find someone with allocation and you can get one in about 2 month from time you order. And, you can get exactly what you want. If you do live out east, there's really no hurry because you can't drive it most likely for a couple months anyway.

13. y2k2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So I guess outside of LI there are cars on the lot? Because I checked every dealer by me and no one has it. So you say for under MSRP wow ok. I mean I ordered it because that's all I knew what to do given the search that I did around here and no one had it.

And what's the extra care with the black hood. My thought was actually to get the dealer to get a body shop to paint it since they said if they can't get it black then they'll arrange it with their body shop. But then I thought I want a hellcat painted in the middle of the hood, so the hellcat would be green with the rest of the hood black,but not sure if their body shop would do it. But at any rate, I need the car first to do that so first thing is first...

14. y2k2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I mean worse to worse yeah I'd take a trip up there if I can't find them down here.

15. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    black hood will show shiny spots if you rub too hard...not sure how it would even wax

after owning 2011 IE with the white seats i will NEVER own a car w/ special needs again...i dont want to baby my flat black hood....i suspect in 1-2 years all the flat black hoods will look like cr*p....(if your anal)

shipping a car is more than $1,000 unless your using a hack...a high quality shipper is $1500-2500

plane ticket=$150...couple hundred in gas....and the fun of driving it home across the country

i wouldnt put a HC in the middle of the hood.........people will know what it is with out a bill board painted on the car