Any Hellcat Owners That Live In Colorado?

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by Mike III, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Mike III

Mike III Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If there is anybody on this forum that owns a Challenger Hellcat that lives in Colorado I am trying to find out if there has been any stock drive shaft issues on a stock car with just Drag Radials added? I know this is a big problem for cars at sea level but I am assuming that up here in Denver we have probably 100-150 less horsepower and also less torque due to the altitude. My car will be arriving in a couple of months and I am trying to decide if I should change my drive shaft when I get the car? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Kilpo

Kilpo Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm in Highlands Ranch, just got my Hellcat a week and a half ago. Only 470 miles on it so far so no issues for me.

3. Glenn78

Glenn78 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
  4. Mike III

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nice, cograts on receiving the car! Are you happy with the power it has at this elevation so far? I cannot wait to receive mine! What color did you get and what month did you place your order?

5. Kilpo

Kilpo Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Pearl white, only 470 miles on the car so haven't gotten on it yet. I absolutely love the car. Didn't order the car, Colorado Springs Dodge got three in and where asking MSRP with no markup so I jumped on theach one I wanted. Unreal the markup at some of the dealerships here now. Brandon Dodge is asking 94k for the same cat that the springs just sold for 73k.

6. Mike III

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They are out of there mind! I do not even think that kind of mark up should be allowed! I am glad you found yours and cannot wait to receive mine! I placed my order June 13th and my car has a build date of June 1st so I should hopefully see it in July sometime. Maybe I will see you on the road somewhere in July or August. We dont live far apart, I am in Parker.

7. ArchGE

ArchGE VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Hey Mike, I'm in Parker with an SRT. Sounds like we'll be doing the Challenger wave to each other around town soon. Joined the Colorado Dodge Challenger Club a while ago. Great group of folks with lots of cruises and meets. Check 'em out on Facebook and consider getting on board.

8. Colorado Hellcat

Colorado Hellcat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I did hear of one Hellcat with Drag Radials breaking a stock drive shaft at Bandimere. I don't know any specifics though.

I myself wasn't going to take a chance & bought the Aluminum Shaft & installed it before I got the Drag Radials. Best I've done with the DR's is an 11.9. Best I've seen a stock Challenger with an upgraded shaft & DR's do is an 11.7.

9. Mike III

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I will check it out, thanks!

10. Mike III

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think I am going to upgrade my shaft as well before drag radials get put on. I am impressed with those times for a stock Hellcat at this altitude! I was worried that it would not be able to brake into the 11's up here but now I know! Thanks for the input!

11. stanssrt10x2

stanssrt10x2 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    it was my car u will break the DS with drag radials . like stated 11.7 best i can get with stock air box an a afe i tried numerous times.with out mods dont see getting any better times here.order your DS now will save on down time if u run an twist the stock DS found out the hard way

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mike III

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the input. That is a great time for this altitude on a stock car! Pretty Impressive!

13. BULL

BULL ________173.7mph_______ ___2016 Colorado Mile___ Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Watching...

14. Mopar22

Mopar22 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

My track is at 5,300ft and the DA this past weekend was 6900ft., so pretty similar to Bandimire. I was running 12.4 on stock tires and going real easy on the launch , pulling 2.0 and 2.2 60ft's. On my last run I removed the air filter and ran a 12.2 with a 2.1 60 foot. This coming weekend i will have my drag radials and I will have the air filter removed for all my runs (assuming no wind and dust) . So it seems at our elevation every little bit of air makes a difference. My horse power only max's out at 580 in temps above 65 deg and boost only reaches 8lbs. In early mornings when temp is 30 deg. my boost will reach 9lbs and horse power will reach 630. A smaller pulley is the only way we will see better times up here.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  15. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would love to live there and buy s gold claim to buy more cats for gold!!!! You have one of the most beautiful states in the US