Anybody try auto cross?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Performance' started by Hb hellcat, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Hb hellcat

Hb hellcat Black Betty...BamAlam!!!

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    heading out to Fontana with the beast.
    Auto x and drag racing.
    Has anybody tried dancing with this overweight pig (I mean lady) yet?
    Any tips?
    I'm thinking, as long as I don't embarrass myself,...I win!
    I've done it with other overweight street cars so it's not my first....BUT......it is with over 700 hp...hopefully, we'll just keep her on the track and not flatten cones, (or worse).
    Oh well, at the very least, I'm looking forward to full quarter mile runs, as opposed to the eighth that I've done so far!
    Any input is welcomed.

2. Billet Hellcat

Billet Hellcat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Only auto cross I did was in Fontana @ SRT Class not Ina HC but it was a blast in the srt8 jeep.
    When are you going ? I have drag raced there but it has been hot DA in the 3000-4000 range I ran a 11.3 @ 123mph in the Heat 90+ deg remember it is a uphill drag strip so your trap speed will be lower.

3. Aaron Vogel

Aaron Vogel Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Is it AutoX, small parking lot course, or the road course they have down there? I've mentioned it before, these cars on a road course do really well given their weight. On a small AutoX course, it can be a little more tricky, if I did it, I would try my best to not make sudden turn corrections and be as fluid with transitions as possible. Its when you start to quickly through our weight around is when it starts getting a little squirrely

4. Alex50302

Alex50302 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I have auto crossed mine 5 times this year and ran in the Optima Batteries Search for the Ultimate street car @ Road america. Its a blast on the big course and the small course. Don't let them tell you FS isn't your class in auto cross. I had to call the SCCA board to get email confirmation as my SCCA group didn't feel the car should be in FS..... Good Luck and have fun. If you plan to do a Big track day, plan on investing in Hawk or Carbo tech brake pads and better brake fluid. I choose Motul 600

Hellcat Auto Cross