Anyone can build Ford Racing's sub-11 second King Cobra Mustang

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Carnage, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Source roadandtrack

Anyone can build Ford Racing's sub-11 second King Cobra Mustang
    [​IMG]
    Ford Racing figured that if you threw pretty much everything they offered at the 2015 Ford Mustang GT, you'd have something fairly sinister. The "King Cobra," as they're calling it, is sinister indeed. And formidable. On Hoosier drag slicks, the King Cobra can run the quarter in 10.97 seconds, according to Ford Racing.

READ MORE: Vaughn Gittin Jr. unveils the 2015 Ford Mustang RTR

There's one caveat: that number was achieved with a prototype off-road exhaust system that might not make the King Cobra streetable in your locale. And of course, it was on slicks.

Essentially, the King Cobra is the result of throwing three customer-available Ford Racing kits at the GT. The Drag Pack includes heavy-duty halfshafts and a rear subframe kit. The Handling Package includes lowering springs and shocks, as well as a stabilizer bar kit. And the Super Pack is where the power comes from: a 2.3-liter TVS supercharger co-developed with Roush, as seen alone on the Roush Mustang GT we showed you yesterday. The kit also includes an intake manifold, electronic throttle body, an intake, an intake, fuel rail, high-flow injectors, and an air-to-liquid intercooler. New Ford Racing ECU programming is also included.

And then there's that wrap. The matte snake-skin pattern is a 3M film, and we hope it'll be available to King Cobra buyers.

No word on whether there's a discount for ordering the entire King Cobra package together, or what parts are exclusive to the package, but we're going to get with a Ford Racing representative later today and get the scoop.

2. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Geez, looks a lot like a Slomaro! I dunno, maybe just me...o_O

• Like Like x 1
  3. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's just you LOL j/k

• Like Like x 1
  4. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I should be able to break into the 10s with my GT500 Not sure if the track will let me since its a rag top. But the wife and I are going to the track on test n tune night and face off stock Hellcat vs GT500 with mods. ( Im pretty sure the Hellcat will win)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. SRThellkitty

SRThellkitty Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I'm not impress since the Cobra is a dedicated track car and probably has a stripped out interior. The Hellcat Charger has already hit 10.7 sec with drag radials and that's without weight reduction. I would bet the stang isn't street legal either.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1