Anyone else having issues with the concept of paying MSRP for this car?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by evperry, Mar 3, 2016.

1. evperry

evperry Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Let me confess that I have NEVER in my life paid MSRP for any new car. I just cant mentally do it. I have a psychological condition where I cant pay retail price for anything. I seriously think its a sickness. I wish I was nomal.

The problem is I have talked myself into the concept of a Hellcat and my attorney is in the process of finalizing my Lemon Law for my current Jeep SRT8 so I have to goto work.

MSRP is easily attainable for this car but getting off MSRP and close to that invoice price is proving difficult.

Anyone else have success in getting close to invoice on this?

2. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    MSRP if you are lucky, ADM or market adjustment is very common across the country
    I and a Chrysler employee and have to pay MSRP and I have read only one post that someone paid less than MSRP. what you need is to be at the right place at the right time when a dealer has been sitting on one and needs to move a car. Good luck and report back if your successful.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  3. VSTcat

VSTcat Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I paid MSRP for the hellcat, but I have heard of some discounts, not much though. What is important to me is if I am happy with what I get, not how much is msrp or retail price. For the focus rs I paid $1,000 on top of msrp. I would have paid even more, msrp is just a meaningless number. If you are happy in the end is all it matters.
    Good luck with your problem, just make sure you are happy in the end! :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think everybody has an issue paying MSRP or more, but the reality is for this vehicle you will most likely end up paying at least MSRP. Dealers will charge as much as they can get, and if they cannot get that, will wait for somebody that eventually will pay....unfortunate for the buyer, but I don't hold anything against dealers, this is America and capitalism, and it is a business after all. As long as everything is legal, more power to them. IMO, this is not a normal discountable purchase like many other ordinary vehicles out there. I wish it was. This is just my opinion...good luck and let us know what happens.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I paid MSRP but my dealer has sold his from the beginning for MSRP. If it bothers you so much, why would do it?
    My line is I wouldn't pay over MSRP so I waited 397 days for mine at that price point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. dragrcr

dragrcr Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I also am the same way. In 2010 I wanted a Camaro SS really really bad and I waited 8 months until they cooled off and I was able to get $500 off only because they had that car on the lot for a while and because it happened to qualify for a $500 rebate. So I basically paid MSRP less a small rebate. But, I still had tons of fun in that car.

Now the Hellcats here in So Cal were 10 to 30K over MSRP and I had to wait over a year until I finally got tired of waiting and flew 1500 miles away to get one at MSRP. I was so sick of the local Dealers and all their crap. So I am 100% glad I went to TX to get a car. I will also tell you I am shocked at what the invoice price was for my car. They actually gave it to me. And, this will not help you much, but here goes.....

MSRP : $70,180
    INV/FWP : $67,582
    FFP : $66,961 Friends & Family Price
    EP : $64,403 I believe that is Employee price if you can get that somehow.
    HB : $ 2,076 Hold Back

7. Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387 VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good luck with that mission lol. Purchasing a HC is not the normal purchase. I've purchased a few new vehicles in the past and this all different. MSRP is about all you can hope for atm, and even at that you will prob travel for it. It's def different than buying an suv at the local corner dealer.

8. evperry

evperry Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    30k in Cali? Thats more than NYC! The most I have seen out here has been 15k over msrp at a dealer I can walk to. Are Cali dealers worse than NYC? Do you leave in Malibu or Beverly Hills?

So you got invoice in Texas? I will goto Texas to get the car, I dont care.

I was having trouble finding out the Hold Back and Invoice for this car. How did you locate it? Is that public info?

I paid invoice for my 2015 SRT Jeep in Westchester, NY. It took me 30 mins to locate that car, piece of cake. I have actually paid invoice or less than invoice for the last 4 cars I purchased. Of the 4, 2 of them were SRT's.

So as it stands my Bro in Laws step kid works at a dealer. Does that exist at every dealer? Can he get that at another dealer if his dealer doesn't want to do it?

I think the chase is what gets me going............I know I can get it.

And your numbers are EXCELLENT. Very helpful.

9. evperry

evperry Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I forgot all about the Ford Focus RS!!!!

What does that cost? How do you like it?

10. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My dealer has always given me the POC sheet on vehicles which has all the information on invoice, EP, etc. Not sure why they wouldn't.

11. evperry

evperry Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Hmm.

Maybe I have not paid attention.

12. HellScoot

HellScoot Silver Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Keep dreaming of you think you are paying invoice. The best I ever saw was $500 off MSRP and even that is unheard of. If you buy it for invoice I will have you negotiate all my new car deals going forward. Getting a car especially with spring right around the corner at MSRP is a great deal in most Hellcat members eyes. Let us know what you end up with.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. evperry

evperry Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Never say never, I am a determined guy.

Another guy on another thread had invoice.

14. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Give them MSRP, that is a good deal, enjoy the car it is worth it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    In my own experience I payed 4k over. And was glad to do so. The car I ordered originally took over a year to build. That means I would have missed out on about a year of fun. Exactly 8442 miles of fun ,hotrod power tour,mopar nat's, Midwest nofly zone, and countless drag strips and car show's.
    So if you have more time than money stick to your below MSRP mentality. And good luck on your adventure.

• Winner Winner x 1