anyone had service concerns with their dealer ?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Rob Sold, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Rob Sold

Rob Sold Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I went by my dealership today and asked to meet their SRT tech because I had a couple of simple questions.
    My salesman took me in the back and introduced me to a guy in the back and I asked where the lift points are on the hellcat. I would think they are the same as a SRT8 but he didn't know. Then I asked about checking the transmission fluid and how often to change and he didn't know. I know these cars are brand new but doesn;t Dodge offer training. I asked if he was certified and he said the dealer was too busy to let him go to school and it has been 2 or 3 years since he had attended. I have a friend that works for a Ford dealership and he attends a school 3 times a year to be certified. I'm a little nervous.

2. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would not go back there, or ask for a different tech

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Find a new dealer to take it to

4. Harley88

Harley88 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was interviewing yesterday. Went to local dealership and ask if they had somebody to work on the hellcat. He went in the back, came back a few minutes later, said "yea, they figure it should be no different then others".. 60 miles south I've found a SRT dealer with two viper/hellcat trained mechs. Made deal that one would be only guy works on my ride.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I need to have a friend at the dealer

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Rob Sold

Rob Sold Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My question is do Dodge tech's not have to be certified? I live in the biggest city in the lower 48 and this is what it is. It is not like a little town with 1 dealer. I'm thinking Dodge will just replace parts instead of training people to figure out problems.

7. Rob Sold

Rob Sold Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My window sticker was torn all up and I asked the general manager to order another. It came in today and he told me like a joke that cost $55 , I have spent $130k there in 6 months. I bought a 2014 Ram 3500 in July.

8. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The sales guy ( General manager) said he would order me one,, no charge,, it's been over a month

9. 440 Superbee

440 Superbee Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    He's human, he probably forgot. But not the best customer service for you who should stand out since I'm sure you were one of his first HC's sold.

10. gts_2001

gts_2001 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My dealer has 2.SRT trained techs. The one I've been working with over the past 14 years has more experience than the other. Both are sent to "SRT School" held at The Viper Connor Avenue Assembly Plant in Detroit at least 2 or 3 times per year. Just my opinion, but I'd be looking for a new dealer. You don't ned Darryl, Darryl and Darryl messing with your car!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Jim Hetrick

Jim Hetrick Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ask the dealer???? However they answer should make you stay or go with there service. Is this your first time out of the house??

12. Rob Sold

Rob Sold Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    First time with the hellcat and it was just a visit. I have a 2014 3500 with a Cummings and they only have 1 guy certified by Cummings. To do warranty work on cummings you have to be certified .The whole service dept sucks. I had a tail light out on the truck and it was going to take hours to get it changed so I just bought a bulb.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. jim schmittinger

jim schmittinger VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    SRT Trained tech? We are trained in engines, transmissions, diesel, Front end, a/c, Body and controllers, There is no coarse for SRT or Viper years ago the was a viper class. Classes are far and few with so much new stuff coming out. There is level 1 2 and 3, in each category and most of time Level 3 to do any warranty work, and it's like 9 classes in each category. I car is a car just nuts and bolts and computers, we have dealer connect to look stuff up in. you have to remember srt is like 2% of our total sales. Not many techs will look up stuff on cars till they see one. SORRY just the way it is

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. gts_2001

gts_2001 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry to disagree since what you're saying is directly opposite of what I have been told by my dealer's Viper / SRT techs and by the dealer's GM and owner. As I've staed here in other posts, I've known the Viper / SRT tech for the past 14 years and the GM is a personal friend. They have always been straight up with me. Additionally, multiple posts have been made here about deliveries to the purchaser being held up for a day or so due to unavailability of the Viper / SRT tech. My dealership has never permitted anyone other than a Viper / SRT trained tech work on any of my Vipers or my 2008 SRT Challenger! Just saying...

15. CatBurghlr

CatBurghlr Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the reply, Jim. My dealer looked at me like I was goofy when I asked about "SRT tech".