Anyone notice how shiny the paint is under the hood and in the door jambs??

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Mark Hughes, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Has anyone else noticed how much shinier the paint is under the hood, trunk and in the door jambs on their Hellcats compared to other Challengers? Both our Black '13 R/T and Purple '13 SRT 's paint under the hood area is flat and like it's not cleared, door jambs suck, too.( The Black R/T is alot better than the SRT's, tho) But the Hellcat is like a show car under there with nice glossy paint. I's so much nicer than the flat paint that looks poorly done.

Mark

2. MVT

MVT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think it was Brampton Builder that said there trying to step things up on the paint. The engine bay is a lot better but they still need booths that don't let the dirt particles to get in the paint.
    This is my third Challenger, by far the best paint but if you look real close you can see a few particals in the paint.:( But that is MOPAR for you.:)

3. Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree, far from perfect, but it sure shines....so much nicer when chamoeing the car's engine bay and door jambs!

• Agree Agree x 2