Are we Hellcat Owners "Johnny Come Lately" ?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Cat-Man-Do, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Cat-Man-Do

Cat-Man-Do Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I went to the Pavilions car show in Scottsdale last night, I'd guess there were at least a few hundred cars and we felt like rock stars with the hellcat. I was amazed by the comments as we drove through and then parked and the number of people that gathered around when I parked. I almost felt sorry for the other cars around me (except for the boss mustang next to me that kept starting and reving his engine. Most of the discussion I could here people all knew a little about our cars and a lot of people are intrigued with the red key/black key...

So, to my question, is our rock star status going to be short lived by our cars either becoming too "common" or if someone comes out with the next great thing?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nah, I don't think it'll be short lived.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mike Canadian

Mike Canadian Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Enjoy it while you can and live for the moment...haul ass!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Cat-Man-Do

Cat-Man-Do Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Now I know what Tammie has been going through for 3 months :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hellcat is legendary and will be a legacy to build upon for generations to come.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. MoparProud

MoparProud Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hellcat will be in the same vein as a MkIV Supra Turbo or '03/'04 Cobra Mustang (only obviously cooler than either). It's a legend in it's own time and one to be in the future. As they start trading hands (market for used Hellcats obviously yet to be determined) and more folks get to experience them, tales will be told and you'll see vids on YouTube 10+ years from now people "finally got my dream car".

FYI, both vehicles I mentioned are very good platforms to build off of, and are about the only vehicles from said manufacturers that I'd ever buy (the ONLY Toyota I'll ever buy is a MkIV Supra, some pre- ~1970 Fords I would buy but nothing other than a Termi, Shelby, GT or MAYBE a 6.4/6.7 Powerstroke as far as modern Fords).

Yes the "rock star" status will lessen after people see them (I've not yet seen one in person, my reaction to the second one will be considerably less than my reaction to the first...) but they will always be held with great respect.

7. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There will always be something that comes along that is bigger, faster, shinier, louder, etc. I buy what appeals to me, as everyone should. If I am happy with the choice I made, then I do not care what anyone else thinks about it. Everyone else's opinion is just that ... their opinion. I chose this car for ME. :D

April

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Rob Sold

Rob Sold Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    When I pull up to a cruise in someone always moves a traffic cone so I will park next to them.

• Like Like x 2
  9. TIGwelder

TIGwelder SSDD

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Factory/Hurst Hemi Darts still give me wood to this day

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    These Hellcats have an almost mythical aura about them. As more and more hit the streets, a lot of the newness and exclusivity will diminish, but the classic style and standard-setting power will always ensure it's a special and highly collectable vehicle, even many years down the road.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Seriously!!! It is so awesome!!! Everyday is a new kicka$$ experience and someone left on the sidewalk drooling. lol:D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There sure as hell won't be many in the UK. Most people over here will not have a clue what it really is apart from a few petrolheads but it should turn a few heads. Even the Lightning does

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Only drooling and hopefully not bleeding...lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. RobM

RobM SRT Hellcat Lunatic!

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I get the same experience when I pull in to Cars&Coffee on Saturday mornings. As I drive through the lot you can hear people say "that's THE Hellcat" and even the Mustang owners stop what they are doing and secretly stare at my Cat above their sunglasses. When it's time to park, the other non-Hellcat Challengers guide me into a parking spot and call my Cat "The King". If another Cat does show up and grabs some of the spotlight, that is even better since Cats roam in packs. Last week I took my 10-year old daughter with me and she counted 14 people standing around my Cat. I don't think it this experience is going away anytime soon since a car like the Hellcat is unique in its power, styling and allure. I have to admit that the attention is really cool but if it does fades over time, so be it.

This Cat is for ME and I'm the person whom I'm trying to impress. Every time I walk up to my Cat and hit the remote start, I get a thrill from the sound from the exhaust. Every time I get in I get that cool feeling like I'm in a race car. Every time I sit down and reach for the Track Mode setting, I feel like a fighter pilot getting ready to take off. Every time I grab the shifter and throw it into manual mode I look around and feel like a predator getting ready to hunt for prey. Every time I hit the gas pedal I get that feeling of excitement one gets when a roller coaster ride just starts to take off. Every time I park my Cat I look over my shoulder at it as I walk away and start thinking about the next time I"m getting back into the cockpit. If any one hasn't figured it out yet, I am impressed and obsessed with my Cat (something my Wife reminds me of often).

I have owned so many cars in my time that I lost count and don't remember them all. However, this is one car that I plan on keeping and one that I will always remember. And yes, at least for the time being I do feel like a rock star. Sorry about the long-winded reply but I LOVE THIS CAR!

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yep! I read your details and was smiling and agreeing the entire time!! What a great overview. I feel exactly the same way about mine! :)

• Like Like x 1