are we too picky

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by gjs620, Feb 7, 2016.

1. gjs620

gjs620 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have owned several SRTs and a HC enroute and am thinking out loud.....was I too picky with my other Challengers. IE. Little rattles, panel fitment, upholstery, etc. I noticed absolutely everything with the highest level of scrutiny. (To a point i havent done with any other vehicles i have owned including my bmws). Might be because for most of us our cars are not just transportation but a passion.

Of course on the other hand there should be a certain level of quality expectation associated with our high dollar purchases. When i look at my wife's mazda 3 sitting next to my yellowjacket, her little 20k car overall build quality appeared, on the surface, to be a bit better than my chally. Have a good superbowl sunday everyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    look at any mag or review...where does Chrysler rate? at the top (not!)

its always within the last 2-4 on the list out of 20 or so....Chrysler makes a grade B car.....it is what it is

ive owned 2 Challengers....i accept that grade B and enjoy my car...i know it will always have more problems than other cars......my HC build quality looks nice....look under the hood though and you see paint just falling off in spots...on my 2011 i had a pencil eraser size paint piece just fall off inside my trunk edge...since it was hidden in the rim of the trunk i just used dr.colorchip...it looked like a drip of something where the paint didnt stick......things like this dont happen on any of my other cars......

dodge gave us a ton of car for $64,000.....it is what it is

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes:
    I lose points for my 70 cause its body panels are perfect the paint is flawless, the judges always say they never came off the line like that. Paint and fit n finish in general on any of my FCA products is entry level quality at best. That did not stop me from enjoying and purchasing more. If you wantPerformance with top paint and fit finish get a German car and spend some big bucks but the tech and wiring things will haunt you as the car gets older. or Get a fine Japanese car ( just not the same as an American Muscle car).
    I had a newer Corvette before the Hellcat and the fit finish was not much better than the SRT. I can tell you the paint on the Vette was much better.

4. CPRHDSRT

CPRHDSRT Pontiac Bred ................. SRT Addicted Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Life is a journey right - for me it is all about the smiles per gallon - looking for reliability indeed but not for perfection.

So in this case does the Mazda 3's better fit and finish for the price = smiles per gallon. Hmmm probably not for me. BTW OP not picking on your Mazda choice - solid value for transportation.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I buy GM's for my family cars.....paint has always been flawless.....Dodge paint has been known to be horrible at least since 2011....i believe they upgraded their paint shop in 2011 too!!....it was probably much worse before that.......only very minor dirt in my HC paint....you have to spend time to find specs

6. Puffy

Puffy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    This is my 4th Charger and paint as always been an issue. I guess I've decided that what the car does is more important than how it looks when buying. Paint correction is easier to handle than internal issues. All my Chargers have been solid with no real issues so I'm happy with the product. Not too many 4 door, high powered cars out there that I can afford.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. GBTXHellcat

GBTXHellcat Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    $30,000 car with a $40,000 drivetrain, I will take the panel fit and odd rattle for the grin everytime I drive it. Worth every penny. Only complaint is rear tires are crap, gonna be lucky if I get 2000 miles out of them :)

8. sgoyal

sgoyal Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am almost at 2000 and they still look good LOL .. But I've ordered Nitto 555R 305/35R20 for rear