Are you people kidding?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by GoodCaptain, Feb 24, 2016.

1. GoodCaptain

GoodCaptain Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    These Hellcats have been out for over a year and there's STILL no consensus on upgrading the OEM tires????

Are the P-Zero tires so good that there is no better tire for all four corners. No, I'm not talking about DR or staggered ideas. Is there not a matching spec tire (that doesn't alter RPM/height or require new rims) that bests the P-Zero set as an ALL AROUND tire????

Looking for a bump in handling, grip/traction and not giving up anything. If the P-Zero is THAT great, so be it. I know it's a very good tire that generally suits the car, but I'm a bit shocked that no one found a better tire that everyone can generally agree on. I had the P-zero set on my 2015 SRT 392 Charger and I'll have the same on my Hellcat.

Cheers,

Robert

2. sgoyal

sgoyal Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Calm down captain. Someone would be here for a rescue.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I'm thinking about trying Nitto Motivo when I need them. Sitting at 10k miles and expect will get another 10k out of the All-season OEMs. I had Motivo on my Challenger R/T and liked them.

I don't think there is any stock street tire that will vastly improve traction control

4. digdug33071

digdug33071 SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Has anyone tried the PZero 295's?

• Like Like x 1
  5. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Robert you will never get a consensus as to what tire is best because everyone has their own preferences. I think Michelin Super Sports are a great tire but someone else will say Nitto are the best. You are just going to have to read and come to your own conclusion.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've been running Cooper RS3's and like them. They don't hook for $hit, but other than that, might last longer than the PZero's (that is what I wanted them for, longer tread life) they are a bit more stiff, but that is to be expected.

7. Steven_sbs

Steven_sbs Browncoats Unite Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm real happy with my all season tires. I get great big clouds of tire smoke when I do a burn out, long black tire tracks when I jump on the gas, and 4 wheel slides on highway off ramps is a blast. No need to change for me.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Booky

Booky Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I ran a lot of different tires on my 2003 Cobra and my 2012 GT500 (610 rwhp) and the best all around street tire I ran were the Michelin Pilot Super Sports (295/35/20).
    I also ran Toyo R888's on both and was very impressed with the dry traction.
    I have also ran drag radials, but you sacrifice tread life and wet traction. It sucks to have to buy new $800 tires every 4-6K miles.
    The MPSS are one of the best street tires at all categories (dry grip, wet grip, tread life, noise, handling), but does not give you the dry traction of a drag radial (555r, NT05r, MT ET street SS) or track tire (Toyo R888).

It all depends on what is most important to you.

9. Hammer Down

Hammer Down Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Last car (508RWHP blown srt8) had staggered Pilot Super Sports. This will be getting the same. I'm not putting 295's under the front. This car will never see a road course. But will have 295's in the rear.

• Like Like x 1
  10. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Went with 275-40-20 Mickey Thompson Street Comps which the same diameter only about 1" wider than the Pirelli Nero's resulting in a beefier look.

Better traction for both wet and dry, extremely quiet and outstanding looks.

It's not a drag radial, just an excellent alternative IMO.

11. VSTcat

VSTcat Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Michelin PSS are the best tire you can get for street use, as most of you said. I plan to run 255 in front and 295 rear, to me seems to be the best staggered setup for street fun.

12. Senderofan

Senderofan Track in, Apex, Track out and Repeat! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have to agree...the Michelin PSS's are an excellent choice. My Boss came with PZero's......not impressed with them on that car either....not great performers even with 50% less hp and torque. My Cat came with the PZero Nero all seasons.....so my expectations aren't terribly high.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bayou Teche

Bayou Teche Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes is the answer to your question regarding tires

14. Bayou Teche

Bayou Teche Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I specifically signed up to this forum just now to put the tire issue to bed so to speak.
    Yes, 295/40/20s will fit ALL AROUND! how do I know? I am currently running pirelli 295/40/20s as we speak. To be clear on the front and back. No rubbing, perfect fit, are flush with the fender etc.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bayou Teche

Bayou Teche Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    performance? more grip everywhere. Better ride too. looks like they came with the car from the factory. And yes, they clear the knuckle with the bolt that hangs down on the upper front control arm.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1