ARH Long Tubes

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Performance' started by goingsolo2, Jul 20, 2015.

1. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey,
    Does anyone here have experience hearing the ARH long tubes in person on the Hellcat? They are 10 minutes from me, and I am really thinking about getting them. I'm worried that it will be too loud for daily driving…and I can not find a sound clip from inside the car. I also will be changing the catback to a Solo Performance kit. I am looking for any and all feedback on the ARH headers. The videos sound real good, but I would love some real world feedback. Thanks in advance.

Steve

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Fastest Cat/Record Holder HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mine are getting installed this week, if you still need a sound clip by Thursday PM me.
    TC

3. Aarcuda

Aarcuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have these on my '10 RT and love them. Hated installing them. I imagine it will be the same nightmare to put them on this car but as far as sound goes they arent that loud. Its not open header. just a little tang.

The real question is is can they be installed without throwing codes? And is there a way to tune for them? I'd put them on my Hellcat if I can keep the damn light off

4. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    American Racing is near my house so they are going to install it there and AJ will be tuning for them and can keep the light off. I would love a sound clip Top Cat !!

5. KLR CAT

KLR CAT Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    2" headers with cats to stock exhaust should not be that loud. You will get some increased valve train noise likely ( ticking of exhaust valve coming through the thin walls of the header). With no cats and full 3" will be very loud and likely drone.All depends on your configuration. I am looking forward to hearing a 2" primary ARH with cats to stock exhaust, so eager to hear top cats when its done.

6. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There's a video on YouTube with the ARH headers on the 2015 SRT8 through the stock exhaust. Here's the link:

I am assuming they should sound the same on the Hellcat.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Fionn MacCumhaill

Fionn MacCumhaill Irish A'Hole - Wanna Fight About It!? Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Winner winner, chicken dinner!!! Those sound freakin' awesome! There goes more money out of my wallet....the wife is going to kill me......:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. StellasHC

StellasHC Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I will post a link of a Hellcat with these headers on a dyno, just let me dig it up. FYI, these headers are worth +13rwhp and +19rwtq when adding them to a tuned +10% crank pullied car on the dyno. That is peak numbers, not across the curve.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. StellasHC

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Heres the link... Enjoy!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Fionn MacCumhaill

Fionn MacCumhaill Irish A'Hole - Wanna Fight About It!? Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yea....must....have.......long tube....headers.........but don't have lift to install them :(

11. StellasHC

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Ive done longtubes on my 2 Challengers in the past using jackstands... Not ideal, but it can be done. 3 hour job. Not like putting longtubes on a gen v Camaro, thats for sure!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fionn MacCumhaill

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    LOL, that may be true for you, but for me even with jack stands I think I would run into some clearance issues. Not from the headers, but from me and my beer gut trying to squeeze under the car and still have room to work. I swear it is like the jack stands are getting shorter! :confused:

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. StellasHC

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Lol!! Actually everything is done from underneath for the most part...but my hands were sore and cramped for 3 days after doing my last set..you have to be part contortionist..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Fionn MacCumhaill

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Contortionist and beer gut lol.......it's an oxymoron :D I don't mind though I will buy the ARH long tube headers and either a) bribe a buddy with a lift or b) pay a good mechanic to do the install. I win regardless since I get them sweet a$$ headers on my 'Cat!

15. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What do you think the number will be on a stock car with just a tune to accommodate headers?