At my wits end with this nonsense

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Texas Joe, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Texas Joe

Texas Joe Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I placed my order back on 9/9 and still only have a VON. Got a lead about a local dealership that had a Hellcat so I called and inqured. The vehicle is in transit and is not sold. I was under the impression that the allocations were for sold customer orders. The dealer proceeded to tell me that they have had 8 allocations with about three or four sold. They are also marking them up $10,000.00 and will not budge. I thought this whole convelouted process was to avoid or minimize this gouging by the dealers. How is it that this dealership is getting unsold allocations while I am sitting here like a jerk waiting on a vin on a SOLD ORDER. The car they have is identical to what I ordered but has the Laguna seats. I proceeded to call Dodge for clarification. They were no help whatsoever. I have no control over a dealerships sales. I have control over purchasing a vehicle. How is it that dealerships are getting unsold cars as a priority over a sold customer order? I have to say... This has quickly become an unpleasant experience and it feels like games are being played. All I want is an explanation from Dodge as to why I placed an order for a car the day ordering opened and dealers are getting unsold vehicles as a priority over a SOLD order. This is complete BS. As I have said many times, I understand there will be a wait. What I don't understand is why it seems like me as a customer where the dealer has my deposit is being continually overlooked. I am very close to getting my deposit back and saying screw it. I want the car badly but I refuse to be treated like a jerk and have a company who can't even explain this crap. Thanks for listening to me rant.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    JOE:

I think the dealer put "John Smith" as the buyer and hopes to have it sold asap so it clears his books. I have heard in other posts the person that places the order at the dealership uses the managers or salesman's names as the customer in order to get the cars in. TOTAL BS but they know how to play the game.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I can definitely sympathize. I think I heard somewhere that the way they came up with the Hellcat name, is because they intended for each potential buyer to 'have to go through Hell to get their Cat'!

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    it will all work itself out eventually and you will get a car somewhere

id relax and not think about it until Spring

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. 70Cuda

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    good call winter and salt are hard on brand new cars.

6. Jerry Zad

Jerry Zad Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Please post the name of this dealership. I can do a little snooping to find out what's up.

7. Texas Joe

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Clay Cooley

8. Hot Rocks

Hot Rocks Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Its the American way, follow the $$$

9. ChiHELLCAT

ChiHELLCAT Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

I contacted 3 dealers in the Chicagoland area today all with hellcats on their floors to sell. 2 wouldn't budge at $10k over and 1 at $15k over. I hear you it is BS

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Texas Joe

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Please correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't this "allocation" process supposed to prevent this type of activity? This should be an exciting experience for all of us who ordered cars.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. ChiHELLCAT

ChiHELLCAT Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    From what I read you are right on. Dodge's so called plan back fired

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Harley88

Harley88 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My understanding of allocation process only penalizes dealerships if "product" sits in floor, which the dealers still can't keep in stock selling 10-20% over

13. dieselsc

dieselsc Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They need to just scrap this whole allocation BS and just build and deliver the cars that us customers have ordered and paid for. They should ask dealers for agreement of sale to verify a sold order so these greasy dealers don't just put in John Doe in the order banks to get a car and mark it up 5-20k.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That dealership sounds like BS. This is also the first time I heard of 8 allocations for one dealership albeit is possible if they are Mega huge dealership with mad sales. If they cheated the system that's fine but will they sell all the hellcats ? That's up to the ones with money to spare and just want one right on the spot no matter how much Bs this dealership feeds a story to them. In any case I truly hope you get the hellcat you ordered as soon as possible.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. 70Cuda

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think it has something to do with the FED government and the CAFE standards, because the Manufactures must have an average fuel MPG for all cars built. If they sold lots of Hellcats it would kill the average
    so I am thinking the allocation along with the gas guzzler tax is a loop hole.

I am willing to go one further, I bet Canada is even more tight thats why so few cars go up north.