Aussie Hellcat

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Bandit77, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Bandit77

Bandit77 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    After quite a long wait my HC has arrived, I flew over to Brisbane on the East Coast from my place near Bunbury on the West Coast when the ship finally came in. Got it going, took it for a drive for 30 km's, which was interesting after leaving Perth airport at 11pm and arriving in Brisbane at 6:30 am , not sleeping at all because of the exitement , sitting on the wrong side of the car changing gears with my right hand in peak hour traffic, with the biggest smile on my face ever, people staring trying to figure out what the hell this big green monster of a car was! Then dropping it off to be converted to right hand drive, should be about 5-6 weeks till she's done, funny thing is by then I'll be in the states on holiday when she's ready! I won't get to drive her home till FEBUARY ! I must say it has been well worth waiting for, even with just the small taste I've had so far I can tell this is a special car. I'll post some pics of the conversion in progress and when complete for anyone interested.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Bandit... Congrats and welcome to the club! Cool... I didn't know that made the components to switch it to RH drive... Is that a mandatory requirement to switch it?... if not keep it the way it is and really mess with there heads! Keep us posted on the conversion with lots of pic's... as that sounds pretty interesting.;) Remember 707 upside down is LOL... you'll be laughing when the Blue Oval & Bowtie guys show up!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bandit77

Bandit77 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks mate, the upside down 707 thing is hilarious! The conversion is done with a lot of Chrysler 300c parts as that's really the only car done in RHD from the factory and it is mandatory to change it if it is to be licensed, you can keep cars before 1988 LHD and licence them , i have a 84 vetted that is still LHD, the hardest part of driving that around is overtaking people, you need to trust your passenger to make the call that nothing's coming the other way!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Speedlogix Sales

Speedlogix Sales Gold Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Congrats on the new Hellcat!! Can't wait to see some pictures of the conversion.

- Alexis

5. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello, and welcome to the forum! Grtz on the new Hellcat, enjoy!

April

6. Lumpy53

Lumpy53 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Can't wait to see your pics , I neve knew they changed the right to left drives won't they do that at factory why pay for it

7. HF11CAT

HF11CAT Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    We are fortunate in the UK that we can import LHD and still register them. I think it looses its appeal a little bit once converted to RHD although I doubt there will be many Hellcats down under. Ive looked on a couple of web sites down under and It looks expensive to convert. Enjoy and be safe.

8. Bandit77

Bandit77 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi Lumpy53, I don't think it's worth all the effort involved for the factory due to the low volumes of vehicles sold over here compared to over there, Australia's population is only 24 million people, I think the U.S. Has over 300 million people. There is a few places over here doing conversions on all the popular American cars we can't get, I have a 2012 F150 Raptor and. 2012 Shelby GT 500, both had to be converted, conversions cost between 30 and 50 grand depending on the vehicle and how good the job is. My HC cost 75 K USD to buy, 96 AUD, 42

9. Bandit77

Bandit77 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Oops, hit the post button before I finished.. 42 K Aud in freight, duty, and government taxes and 45 K to convert, I could have paid less for the conversion but I have the best people doing it for me, don't really need something to go wrong in a car with that much power!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey Bandit... Any pic's to share... my curiosity is getting the better of me... I want to see what it looks like! Is it a M6 or A8... Do they change the shifter on the A8 so the button is on the thumb side?

11. Red Harley

Red Harley Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member HCC National Secretary

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on the Hellcat! Do post picture of the conversion should be very interesting to see.

( Hemi Rocket I am guessing it is a m6 by his remarks about shifting the gears with right hand. Not sure though)

12. Lumpy53

Lumpy53 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow that's pretty expensive glad I don't have to do that I would live to get an elcamino that you have over there and I can not get one here ! It's funny the way sales are different from the states and your country wich by the way is beautiful nice talking to you keep in touch bandit ! Lumpy

13. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah Red... I was thinking that as well but thought it can apply to an A8.

14. Bandit77

Bandit77 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    HR, mine is a M6 as suggested by RedHD, I love a manual gearbox and I live in the country so not much traffic to deal with so an auto never really crossed my mind, The guys doing my car said the shifter on the A8 cars they convert will have the button on the right side, a lot of the interior parts like console, dash moulding, etc , are custom built to mirror the OEM parts, here is a pic of the interior of the car getting done before mine, it's an A8,RHD dash frame fitted, stock column and pedals moved over, will post more pics as I can . If you want to see what any of the American cars look like as RHD try Used Cars - New Cars - Search New & Used Cars For Sale - carsales.com.au
    image.jpg

15. Bandit77

Bandit77 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat