Average time to receive VON after dealer keyed in your order against a 2016 allocation

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by DriftKing, Sep 16, 2015.

1. DriftKing

DriftKing Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm curious what the average time has been to receive a VON for those of you that have placed 216 orders since the 2016 allocations began trickling out to dealers last month. For those off you that have VONs for 2016 orders how long did it take to receive the VON after the dealer submitted the order against their allocation?

2. Immo

Immo Moparpalooza

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
  3. sgoyal

sgoyal Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    24-72 hours.

4. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I had to drop my Brass Monkey wheels today to move past BG, so I guess I'm going to find out how long it takes. I placed my order the end of last week, Thursday afternoon, late, just before end of business. So we can blame yesterday and today on the BM option. I'll try to remember to post here when I get my VIN.

5. SRTLIFE

SRTLIFE VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    24 to 48 hrs is the ideal clarification, then. Von or vin will be available, sometimes at the same time or one then the other. Just be patience, if the dealer has a allocation, you should be smooth sailing.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. TinCuda

TinCuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you are asking about VON, that is issued at the time the order is placed. My dealer ordered the car in front of me then printed out the VON. (Vehicle Order Number)

The VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) will be issued anywhere from two days to a couple of weeks from when you placed the order.

That is for a 2016 order. 2015 was a whole different story.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Guaranteed order, 2016, Challenger, A8. So I expect a VIN before the weekend. In BG status right now, but I dropped the Brass Monkeys.

8. DriftKing

DriftKing Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you kindly for all the replies. A dealer placed my order against an allocation they claimed to have last Thursday, however the order didn't get a VON. I've been calling the dealer daily asking if a VON has been issued, but so far they haven't been able to provide one. I call SRT support last night after reading your responses and they indicated the VON should be issued at the time of the order, and if it wasn't the dealer's allocation may not have matched the order (Challenger / Charger / a8 / m6).

It sounds like I don't really have an order.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. TinCuda

TinCuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The dealer already has your VON or he is leading you on. Either way, I would ask him direct questions and if you don't get direct answers, I would not assume the order has been placed.

A 2016 Hellcat VON will start with HC then the numbers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Hellboy

Hellboy Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Exact same thing happened to me. Dealer had an allocation, showed me the printout showing 1 challenger. He entered the order Thursday and it gave him no VON. Now the order and the allocation have vaporized. Contacted SRT and they can't find either. He has been calling the factory rep everyday trying to find out what happened

• Like Like x 1
  11. Smog Dog

Smog Dog Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    If the dealer has an allocation, the system will accept an order that matches---A8 or M6---and a POC with the VON is immediately issued. If the dealer can't provide it, you don't have an order. You are just on the dealer's waiting list.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hellboy

Hellboy Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Because their system is flawless and never failed in the past? Many many times (like the first batch of orders getting dumped) My dealer was putting in my order while I was on the phone with him and this what it spit out.
    http://www.hellcat.org/attachments/1441922428767-1545823376-jpg.25021/

13. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree with those above. If they have an allocation, for a (whatever you are looking for, Challenger or Charger) and whatever tranny you want (A8 or M6) it will go right in. After placing 3 orders in the last year, I FINALLY found a dealer who had his $hit together, only one state away, no snow there, even in December, found out about it on here, email alert, dealer with a Challenger A8 allocation today only, I called him right away last Thursday. Put my deposit down, got a VON that day, got my VIN today (YAY me!). I would of had a VIN two days ago if I didn't have Brass Monkey wheels as an option (dealer told me). Dropped them yesterday, had a VIN this morning. I've waited over a year for this car. So excited that I'm finally going to get one. So wise up. If things don't happen for you when they should...and from this forum, you KNOW when they should now, then you need to call their bluff and move on.

14. torpedovegas21

torpedovegas21 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I received my VON instantly right as he placed the order. Was given a 6-8 week time frame for arrival. Hoping that is accurate.

15. CAR BUFF

CAR BUFF Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Received my VON 2 Hrs after order(9/10/15) Received Vin# 9/19/15 Car is in D Status.First few hurdles cleared.