B5 Blue Challenger w/Black Satin Hood - MYW?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by iya0yas, Feb 26, 2015.

1. iya0yas

iya0yas Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I recently ordered a B5 Challenger HC configured with the 6M, Nav., Black Wheels, Black Laguna Leather & Red Belts. I'd really like to order the Black Satin Hood too since it along with the Black Wheels, Spoiler, Fuel Cap, Interior & Rocker Panels would compliment the B5 color so well (The Red Belts tie in nicely with the Calipers). I know there were delays with this Hood option during early allocations and this option was subsequently closed soon thereafter but I'd like to think that those issues have all been resolved now that cars with these hoods are being delivered.

So perhaps this is a question better directed toward RS and/or John Dodge but I'd like to know if there's any chance that option MYW will be available once again for the Challenger in the near future? Maybe someone such as Mr. T.K. or the production planning team who happens to read this thread will consider adding the Black Hood option to my order?;) I plan to follow this option closely with my dealer so that if it does become available I can update my order in time while it's in VON status (33465768).

Agreed, I could easily have my hood wrapped or painted in the after market but to me it's just not the same as having a car that was "born" with this option from the factory. Just seems like a cleaner way to go w/o the hassle & worry of AM v. OEM warranty issues, etc. down the road. Thanks for your time & consideration....!

2. gts_2001

gts_2001 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Somewhere here I read (in the past day or so) that Black Satin Hoods are no longer an offered option and will not be offered in the future. I'm sure that others have read that as well and can conform. If true, sorry to burst your bubble.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. caren

caren Hell-o Kitty

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Technically the hoods aren't done at the factory. They're painted the car's color and then shipped out so the black matte can be painted over-top. You'd probably have a better result getting it wrapped after you receive the car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would love to see a B5 with a black hood. I believe the black hood option will be back on the table at some point. I will have to update as to how much care is needed to maintain my black hood.

5. caren

caren Hell-o Kitty

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Here's tsc's old B5 with black hood...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I always wanted a blue one. Maybe next time.

7. iya0yas

iya0yas Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thx Caren, that's a good point...so how does the process work? Since both surfaces of the hood (top & bottom) are coated I was thinking they would use virgin e-coated hoods that were specifically prepped for and painted in Black Satin (either in-house or by a 3rd part vendor) then assemble the hood at some later point during the assembly process or off-line.

8. iya0yas

iya0yas Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That color combo looks very sharp...! Thanks for the pic!

9. deroiad

deroiad Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello, are you still interested in a Challenger OEM Black Satin hood? I know someone who has a 2016 B5 Blue HC Challenger with a black satin hood he may swap. Let me know.