B5 with BM wheels or Pitch Blk with BM wheels?

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by FINALLYSATISFIED, Jun 2, 2015.

1. FINALLYSATISFIED

FINALLYSATISFIED Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So I'm probably 24-48hrs from locking up this deal.

I originally wanted Torred but these 2 Challengers came up that I will be more than happy to get. I told myself not another black car, lol.

So here it is.

B5 with Brass Wheels or PB with Brass wheels. I'm torn between the two honestly. I wanted the regular standard wheels if I went the B5 route. The black looks better with BM wheels. I will be getting the hood wrapped in Satin Black in either color.

But I truly don't know?!

2. Sinurgy

Sinurgy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Either paint color is nice IMO but in regards to the wheels I think the BM's look waaaaaay better on black (phantom or pitch) than on B5!!

That said it's pretty easy to get different wheels, it's not easy at all to get a new factory paint job. So if you like the Pitch Black then it's all good but if you like B5 better, then go with that and let the wheel situation work itself out. Worst case you just trade them with another member who has the black wheels, you won't have trouble unloading them.

• Like Like x 2
  3. FINALLYSATISFIED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree on the BM looks better on black than on the B5. If I do go the B5 route I'll be looking to see if anyone wants to trade immediately.

I'm just torn between the 2 colors. Haven't seen a B5 in person other than the SRT Experience, meanwhile I've seen 3-4 Hellcats in CA and they were all black.

4. Mopar_Convert

Mopar_Convert Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have a B5 Hellcat and thus I'm biased, but black seems so generic to me (no offense intended to those that like black)... B5 is the only color in a sea of black, white, silver, and gray cars out there on the road.

The color gets tons of compliments, for what its worth - so it shows that the color itself makes a statement that black never can.

I just noticed you are in San Diego - if you want to see my car in person, let me know via private msg. I'm in del mar at 1PM on Tuesday, will be traveling south towards Qualcoom stadium around 6-7PM tonight - we could maybe meet up.

Although I like being the only B5 hellcat in San Diego - so maybe you should get black!

• Like Like x 1
  5. SRT HC

SRT HC BANNED

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    It's hard to get better than B5 Blue. A very striking color. From a distance, Black hides the contours of objects: shadows just don't show very well on black.

Not to mention the maintenance black requires. I'm just too proud to own a dirty car and too lazy for the constant battle with black. That said, up close, no other color shows the depth in the paint that black can.

Between the two wheel colors, I just don't have any idea. I have yet to see Brass Monkey wheels.
    But I can see how they would go well on a Black car.
    But on any other color, going with black wheels is playing it safe. That's what I chose on my Hellcat. I just couldn't pay extra for "a pig in a poke".

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  6. FINALLYSATISFIED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'd appreciate that, very much! I live in the Point Loma area and can definitely do tonight!

7. 2mopars

2mopars Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    B5 is an interesting color. Depending on the light, the car takes on different hues. At times in bright light the hard edged lines look almost anodized. Low light or evening the car looks more blue. I have a b5 challenger with brass monkey wheels. I honestly wanted the wheels to be more brassy and loud like the rest of car. If You want flash go the b5, if you want classic go black

8. Nycsrt

Nycsrt BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    image.jpg

9. Nycsrt

Nycsrt BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    image.jpg