Baby's got Legs

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Toolman_42, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Just completed some road time and had some outstanding performance. Current mileage is 16,100+ and this car just keeps getting better.

Cruise from VA down to Myrtle Beach, SC (430 miles) and got an outstanding 25.9 mpg running most of the way at 75 mph in street mode. Nice to see the range over 400 miles after a fill-up. A few short spirited runs but traffic was fairly heavy so they were limited in number and duration. It's really great that the beast will sip on gas when you are just cruising down the highway with a smile on your face.

Hit heavy traffic coming back into VA and mpg was down between 23 & 24. I can confirm that heavy traffic sucks when driving a Hellcat.

So whether it's around the block, daily driving or a road trip....HELLCATS ROCK!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. BlackbirdWS6

BlackbirdWS6 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    You are doing better than me regarding MPG. I don't strive for a good MPG but I am impressed it does what it does and still pulls a decent number. The cat is an excellent all rounder for sure. I personally love lugging the motor a bit so I hear the pronounced whine from the blower.

My only annoyances are the Pirelli P Zero's seem to not stay balanced and I have a whine in the rear cruising around 50-65 with very light throttle. Hopefully my trip to the dealer tomorrow will get those resolved or on their way to being fixed.