Besides Cars...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by magnummrk, Dec 10, 2014.

1. magnummrk

magnummrk SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What are your other hobbies?

Mine is nature/bird pictures. My wife is an avid bird watcher/spotter...which has made me get involved.

Here are a few pictures...The last picture was just from Sunday. I had to crop it pretty bad...he was about 1/4 mile away!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hmmmmm...I like lots of things depending on the of year. I love Summer and all outdoor sports. Really into paddleboarding, jet skis and swimming. Going to the gym really isn't a hobby, but I go 6 days a week and get mad if I can't go! My daughter and I always have a Saturday lunch date after we workout and go to our fav restaurant on the water and enjoy. Fall and Winter is more watching hobbies, baseball, football games and parties. I love hockey, but we don't have a pro team here :(. I tried skiing, but I hit a car so I am not sure I am going to do it again, whole klutz thing in effect...:rolleyes: Also like watching MMA fights.

I get to travel for work often so I usually try to find local sporting events to watch. Of course, shopping everywhere I go!! Most important is driving my Hellcat around town and taunting punks who think their car is all that! And hunting a certain black VETTE that I must redeem the HEMI name from...lol ;).

I have hunted Ducks, Geese and Pheasant (sucked at it) but not just watched birds. I am not that patient, but I am impressed with the beautiful pics you got and the really cool birds you have seen.:) Thanks for sharing...

• Like Like x 1
  3. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Steam Locomotives, Backpacking and canoeing.

i like model trains, My collection started when i was little.. and i currently have a 1" scale rideable fully functional Live Steam Locomotive..a 2-4-0 J.W. Bowlker. but it needs a new boiler as its a 1963 vintage... long distance backpacking and canoeing are also favorites of mine..anything to get out in Nature.. its where i feel at home. ive thru hiked the Appalachian Trail walking 2175 miles across 14 states SOBO "southbound" from Maine to Georgia.. trail name is FreightTrain.. solo canoed the Mississippi River, and Solo Canoed the Missouri River.. the later was a cross ZCountry journey of some 3500 miles from Three Forks Montana to N Orleans. oh, and i like to Ride... i have a Shadow Aero 750 cruiser.. but am thinking of selling

pulling up to the stairs at the French Quarters New Orleans after paddling across the Country
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  4. sunger

sunger Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Fishing and volleyball. I have a Bertram sport fisher that I keep in the Dana Point Harbor, and go out as often as possible. I coached volleyball at my school for many years, but since I retired I have been in administration for a club volleyball organization. We have 14 girls teams that range in age from about to 10 17. The remainder of my time is spent waiting on a VIN.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tammie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That is cool! My daughter just got her letter for volleyball as a freshman. There were only 3 of them that did!!! Very fun, I love beach volleyball..sand is more forgiving that the gym floors!!;)

6. magnummrk

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    LOL...well not really :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thas a beau e roight thea mate

8. Russ Potter

Russ Potter Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am into asphalt oval short track racing. I have build 10 Mopars for the oval track and have driven six in the last 11 years. In 2007 I took the Spartan Speedway 6 Cylinder Track Championship and my son took the Springport Speedway Sport Stock Championship that same year. Have formed 2 Mopar Muscle Car Clubs here in Michigan and have personal owned over 20 Mopars in my life. Have purchased the last 3 new ones at Slingerland Chrysler Dodge in Owosso, Michigan. Have my order through them and am trying to be patient with Chrysler. I ordered Sublime, Auto, Black Laguna, Nav. and Black hood. Originally ordered sunroof but that was cancelled. This will be my last new ca5r as it is my retirement present to myself. I will be 60 in July.

• Like Like x 2
  9. magnummrk

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks!

That was last February from the top of our hotel in Key West. Some Prowler friends in Florida were having a small 4 day event in Marathon(one of the Keys) so we flew into Key West a few days early and played around and then rented a car (hate to admit it but it was a Camaro Convertible) and drove up and met them. Overall it was a pretty fun small vacation. Here are a couple other pics from the trip.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    SUPERB PICS!!! I LOVE NATURE SO MUCH!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. magnummrk

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks...being patient waiting to take pictures of birds has been very helpful for my training in waiting for this &%$*&%*@^&#(*)&# Car! :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Tammie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes, I am VERY impressed!! I was thinking about taking up meditation or something cause I am horrible at patience unless it comes to my daughter.

13. Texas Joe

Texas Joe Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm into guitars, specifically Les Pauls and love to go shooting.

I'm cursed with having hobbies that are expensive and that certainly isn't intentional haha

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ice Hockey ( beer drinking in the locker room) ! Barefoot water skiing ( drinking beer in the boat)! Cutting paper at 300, 600 & 1000 yards! ( vintage sniper shooting WWII rifles).
    Did I mention I like to drink beer.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Texas Joe

Texas Joe Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I want to really learn how to be accurate at those distances. Was considering a Rem 700 26 heavy Tactical to start out with