SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Best Custom Drive Mode Setup for fastest acceleration

17K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  Boggs 
#1 ·
What is Best Custom Drive Mode Setup for fastest acceleration with the car? I want to adjust everything perfectly and also what are the best 0-60mph runs so far in stock cars with the setup???

#3 ·
My custom is street, street and tranny in sport.If I want to do it by the seat of the pants...I use the paddle shifters to upshift when the rpm's feel right. I do find the shifts are a bit smoother and softer when doing all street with the paddles and the shifts seem to be a bit more harder in sport. Haven't done the paddles in track yet...for the tranny.

#4 ·
On stock crappy tires just driving on the street mine are at Street but trans in Sport and Paddles off. At the track trans to TRACK rest the same.

Reactions: hellcat1
#12 ·
Cool that's what I was looking at for Street I wasent sure if it would fit stock rims no rubbing right on my last challenger I had 315/35/20 and they rubbed on big bumps:(

#15 ·
That's what they are made for! DR cars run over 200 on them.

#23 ·
suspension-street (you want the back end to drop)
Trans- track (you want fastest shifting)
TC - sport or off (hold SRT Button)

at the track i was told that my car was bogging around 60mph as i drove past in sport tc....it was pulling timing??.....turned the whole system off and dropped my ET by .4

i can get 0-60 on the street to 3.5-3.6 w/ nitto's in almost any mode.....with a car full (3 kids and a wife)

the cars limit for 0-60 is all about traction and nothing else.....add 350lbs+ to my car and i still get the same 0-60 times.....(kids love it by the way and i leave it in street tc for safety)

#24 ·
So my hellcat hit 1500 miles so I figured I would play with the 0-60. My best was 4.2 with stock summers at 32 psi settings were,suspension street/Trans track/traction sport. Launching was at 2200 rpm It was roughly 45 degrees out. Of course traction was the biggest issue even on the 4.2 the first 30 feet they were breaking loose.

Is this good considering cold road with summer tires?

#25 ·
You need Drs

Also don't know why u are revving to 2,200. I don't use 2 feet and u can do 3.5. Just take your foot off brake and move to accelerator. Using 2 feet does help your driveline. Keeps tension on it. Not a bad idea. But when I do it I barely give it any gas. Giving it 2,200 is just going to spin ur tires

In cold temps 1st run will be crap. Once tired are heated cold temps offer advantage

I changed tires to Drs at 500 miles so I don't know what stock tires can do. But if u had Drs your times would be bad. I can't get worse than 3.8

You need to feather down the pedal. Mine isn't floored until 40 mph. Just slowly pushed down

I get very little or no spin

#26 ·
Thanks for the input. I'll try launching at lower rpms. I could only try 2 times as my wife was with me and said it was making her stomach to qweezy since we just ate dinner lol.

Generally tho you want to launch at the highest rpm your traction would allow. 2200 may have been to hi maybe I'll try 15-1600 next time and play with the traction setting as well. What a car tho

#27 ·
tell your wife to stay at home and make you a sandwich and clean the house (joke)

dont do any rpms for now

just take your foot off the brake and put it on the accelerator.......i only rev the engine slightly at the track after a burnout

your tires will need some heat to get any traction...my first attempt of the day is always 4 seconds or so....typically some spinning is invloved....but after that i can do 3.6-3.8 everytime....you can feel a difference around 3.6-3.7....the g force gives you a different feeling in your gut...i can tell i got a 3.6 w/o looking vs a 3.8 or higher........occasionally i get a 3.5.......at the track ive gotten 3.5 while some get 2.9

i can get 3.6 with 5 people in the car....its more about traction than it is about power....if you had 100% traction you could do 2.9 seconds all day long.....toss some kids in your back seat and go on a country road.....my wife has no issues with me doing 0-60's with kids.....just not 100+ mph runs w/ kids....i have a stretch of road where i do it all the time...typically 3-4x in a row...always trying to do better.....

if going fast is what you want you need DR's....

im also assuming you have a A8???

if you have a M6 and are getting those times w/ stock tires i think your doing awesome and i should be getting advice from you....

#30 ·
Bad2thebone I usually go to the captree or oak Beach once it warms up I get my car up to some good speeds going over the bridge on ocean parkway thers alot of nice cars over there always looking for some fun:)

Reactions: BD2DBONE
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.