SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Best deal off MSRP???

18K views 77 replies 40 participants last post by  Mike02z 
#1 ·
I'm selling my custom 03 Corvette convertible....supercharged, all custom leather interior, CCWs etc.....going to get a Hellcat Challenger for my weekend toy/occasional drive to work....already have a Mopar daily driver.....white Charger Scat Pack.

I've been able to get an offer of $4k below MSRP for my order.....is this a good deal or can I get more? Are there any dealers you all recommend?

All the best,

Michael

#7 ·
I was able to get 12k off msrp on my 2016 M6.

I should note that the dealer I purchased from had 3 16 M6 Challengers. I leased one, and helped sell another to a friend. It was the end of the month and the Demon had just been announced. They also had 2 17's on their lot and this was their last 16. It felt like the perfect storm.

#8 ·
Apples and oranges.

Canuck9, I suggest you shop around, negotiate, and go with the best deal. Leave a couple of dealers on the hook and tell them to call you when they are willing to comedown more in price. Stick to your timeline and budget, but pull the trigger when you feel comfortable.

#10 ·
That makes sense now.
Good luck shopping michael

#11 ·
4k sounds like a decent deal to me. I work at Citigroup and have access to get employee pricing where the dealer has to show you the actual invoice to see the "Preferred Price". The 2016 Cat I go was MSRP of $73725 they already had it marked down to $71 and some change and the preferred pricing got it down to $70629 for me a total difference of about $3100 and that was with preferred pricing.

Like Plumcrzy said we are getting close to the end of the month. If you can find a dealer with any 2016s (of course providing you can accept taking a 2016 instead of 2017) left on the lot that match what you are looking for you may get better deal the closer to the end of the month we get. Plus with it being Memorial Day on Monday there may be some kind of sale pricing you might be able to get. I think dealers are going to start to get desperate to get any remaining 2016s out of their inventory. I mean in the next 3 months or so the 2018 should be getting announced I would think.

#14 ·
Holy crap $5k off a 2017 what was the MSRP on that thing to start with?

#16 ·
A good deal? This really depends on how much time you want to spend looking around, and how far you're willing to drive.

If you're willing to grab a leftover 2016, and there LOTS of them, you can do much better than 4K off MSRP. Otherwise 4K off a 2017 isn't a bad deal, but with some looking around you can definitely do better.

#17 ·
I was given $3500 off back in June of '16 and that was a "rare" under MSRP deal at that time so I think your $4K under is pretty good considering you're in about the same time of year this year as I was last year.

I'm just sick that I didn't wait. What I ended up paying and what a '16 can be bought for now...... gawd.

#31 ·
I was given $3500 off back in June of '16 and that was a "rare" under MSRP deal at that time so I think your $4K under is pretty good considering you're in about the same time of year this year as I was last year.
I'm just sick that I didn't wait. What I ended up paying and what a '16 can be bought for now...... gawd.
Not to mention that in Sept. 2016 FCA first authorized dealers to offer EP pricing, which would've knocked about $5500 off the MSRP on my '16.

#19 ·
Have agreed on a deal of $3500 off MSRP on the '17 Charger HC I'm buying. Seems like a good deal for my area.

#22 ·
I ordered my '17 and was able to get $4280 off MSRP, plus the best trade-in price on my '16 SRT 392 from any dealer I spoke with. All in all, I felt it was an excellent deal...for a '17. Oh, and it was a fairly low optioned vehicle, so there wasn't much extra "fluff" built in for the dealer.

Frank

#26 ·
The Challenger Hellcats are moving, as many have been heavily discounted... but there's definitely a lot left.

When I bought my Charger Hellcat in late March there was 1600-1700 2016 Hellcat Challengers listed on cars.com, two months later there are 851. The HC Chargers fell from ~300 to 213... There's also quite a few HC's out there not listed on cars.com, Just how many though is hard to tell.

Many of the cars left aren't selling because of greedy dealers not observing the great lease deals out there, and not reducing MSRP much. In a couple months, the greedy dealers will be stuck with 2-year old "new" 2016's with no FCA deals to move them.

#27 ·
I got $4000 off; highly optioned 2017. I think it depends on when and where you are buying. Ran into a dealer that last year basically gave one away just to get it off the lot. Didn't want it hanging over to the next year. I suspect dealers with multiple, aging-inventory Hellcats on hand will deal better than others.

LR

#28 ·
This was my situation. Dealwr had 3 Challenger and 2 charger HC's all 2016's going into the winter with multiple 17's due to arrive. So he let one of the Challengers go for 10k below sticker and threw in a bunch of free service.

#29 ·
Thanks for the info. I am talking with some dealers that still have 16s on hand, as well as many with 17s...few still sticking to MSRP. I wonder if a wide body option will become an 18 option. I believe that with it, as well as the Demon, that left over HC prices will really drop. I plan on buying once the market knows what 2018 has for choices. "Best laid plans of mice and men..."

#32 ·
I think the really good deals are starting to evaporate as the supply and demand stabilizes. Your best bet is to find a 2016 still on the lot, there are a few out there priced pretty low. I got my 2016 back on April 1st for a screaming deal.

I have a great dealer to recommend just PM me if serious. I've purchased a 2016 Camaro 2SS and my Hellcat from them and it was literally 4 emails and one phone call from start to finish. I'll be going to them for everything from now on.

#33 ·
I know where there are (2) 2016 Challenger Hellcats, one black w/ brass monkeys and the other white with black wheels, both are 6sp manuals though. They have been sitting.....and sitting......and sitting.....and sitting, and the dealer wasn't even doing ADMs. Not sure what they are looking for but I have told the sales guy I always talk to at the place when there for service that they are going to have to eat them both....A LOT (especially because they are manuals).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.