Best place for a family to visit in CA

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Baldnut, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Baldnut

Baldnut SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi everyone, would like to ask you guys about a planned trip to CA.

Every year for the last 8 years we have spent a month in Florida from mid July to Mid August. This year due to work commitments we not having a holiday but for next year I quite fancy a change.

We always hire a nice villa with a pool and tend to hit the universal parcs a few times but mainly go for the family time, eating out and enjoying the sun (being in the UK we don't see much sun).

So I would love to see San Fransisco, Santa Monica and maybe two days in Vegas.

We don't mind driving but want to stay somewhere that we will feel safe and that is suitable for three children (16, 14 and 10 next year).

Is there anyone from CA or who knows CA well enough to give me some advice and tips?

We feel extremely safe in Florida and as such have never had any bad experiences in all our trips.

• Like Like x 2
  2. blaze

blaze ☆★✪ The Watcher ✪★☆ Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i have been all through southern California, Santa Monica is very cool. Malibu and Santa Monica are my favorite places to visit in California personally.. (where the stars live) San Diego is also nice. i have not been back for over 10 years now, but enjoyed my stay while there. i have not been to northern California, always heard nice things.
    you cannot go wrong with Malibu as far as being safe. i personally prefer Florida ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Linda's Hell Cat

Linda's Hell Cat
    Record Holder
    Fastest HC Charger/Record Holder

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    VRBO is Vacation Rentals By Owner

This is a nice site to search for a vacation home rental.
    Maybe you would want to split your stay between the places you'd like to visit. California is such a long state and has so much for your family to see.

I'm sure suggestions will be posted.

Linda :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Baldnut

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks Blaze, I love Florida but last year we had the worst weather ever in July/August and I know its expected but we had 3 weeks out of 4 with heavy rain and storms which lasted almost all day. They used to be every other day for a few hours.

5. Baldnut

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi Linda, thanks for the link, yes had considered maybe a week in San Fran and then couple of weeks at Santa Monica and then maybe somewhere like Mailibu as suggested by Blaze. In early planning stages so hopefully can put together something nice by the time we go. We do a lot of downhill mountain biking here in the UK so be nice to hit up some trails whilst there too. We would like to visit Yosemite National Park too.

6. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Don't go there!!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. GreenGoCat

GreenGoCat Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If I were going to nor cal ( I live here) and wanted a nice place to stay and enjoy things I would go to Monterey or Carmel. From there its an easy trip to san fran for the day, santa cruz for the day or take HWY 1 for some coastal driving. I just did the coastal trip a couple of weeks ago and absolutely stunning views. We did however count 63 New mustang convertibles. Craziest thing i saw on the trip. Saw one scat pack challenger, one hellcat charger and about 25 camaros. We went along the coast for about 150 miles. Anyhow, thats your best bet. Super safe (especially in carmel) and tons of stuff to do in area. I would not stay in San Fran. To many damn homeless people and tourists for my liking. In so cal my favorite place is Huntington Beach or Costa Mesa areas. Nice beach areas, plenty to do as well and very safe.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Baldnut

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks GreenGoCat that sounds good. I may run some ideas past you as I start to plan it all!

And that seems vague Paladin anywhere specific or all of CA :)

9. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Years ago I would have said San Diego - Mission/Pacific Beach. Went there a couple years ago and it has turned into a low grade thug area - sad.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. blaze

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    glad you said that, strike San Diego for me then..

11. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Any where in CA. Sanctuary cities, illegals killing US citizens and no one gives a damn. Illegals getting better treatment then veterans. EXTREMENLY EXPENSIVE and TOO MANY DAMN LIBERALS. Only place worse is NYC.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. blaze

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    it is not all bad, go and stay where the really rich people live. they have no problems getting on the red carpet show award ceremonies sniifing each other's butts telling the world how proud they are to be rich, so go visit Malibu.. EVERYONE go stay in Malibu/Santa Monica or even better Calabasas where the "K" family lives.. it is really nice there, and RICH and EXPENSIVE. they can all AFFORD to be rich and famous. they do not have to live with or amongst their ignorant poor decisions..
    i personally do not want to keep up with anything the "K" family does. i think they are all greedy garbage. ever see them building hospitals or doing anything great with all that money? no, you see them acting like crap and getting a TV show for it and the whole world is wanting to keep up with that? pass. they open up credit cards for poor people at high interests rates.. the mother is the worst.. we glorify these people in society.. for what?

i edited this original post to include more rant.

more cowbell :D

Cali is cool in certain spots. ;)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. GreenGoCat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Paladin tell us what you really mean. I guess its the 4th of july, go all patriotic on our asses.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. GreenGoCat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mission/pacific beach is for young people and is way over crowded. Costa mesa much quieter and you can have a fun time in the water.

15. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    LOL!! California USED to be a lot of fun. In the 80s I lived in a VW van and went to all the beaches mentioned in a Beach Boys song. Ahh the days of no responsibilities. Park right on the Santa Barbara beach, wake up to a bevy of bikinis .... so awesome.

You can do that now ... not. Like entering the outer area of a state penitentiary. $12/hr parking or no parking, no pets, no public place to wash up, everyone walking into themselves as they type into their brain-drain device. Cops and snitches at the ready in case you do or say anything that can be construed as offensive. HD cameras following your every move. Tar-beach. Angry people and a LOT of empowered manatees in bikinis.

Ahh, freedom worth celebrating for sure. Gets better every year.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1