Best way to sell used Cat?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Bubba871, May 9, 2016.

1. Bubba871

Bubba871 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have two Cats and decided to sell my 15. Its Redline Red with A8 and 270 miles. Should I try eBay, cars.com, Autotrader? Any suggestions? With the super low milage I don't want to waste time with low ball offers from dealers so I am thinking eBay is not so good.

2. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Post on this Forum ...FOR SALE section...give Hellcat gang an opportunity.

With 1500+ units available on the market the shortage is over. Be advised that there has been reports of vehicles selling under MSRP.

Good Luck! YMMV

3. Bubba871

Bubba871 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks! I looks like prices are all over the board on used ones. Here in Florida they are going for MSRP or slightly less.

4. Redboots

Redboots Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The tough part is going to be for the buyer to get financing on a used car. It will take a huge down payment. New financing is always easier. I was going to flip my '15 but decided against it just for this reason.

5. Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387 VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ive found this to be completely untrue. Credit unions lend at much better rates normally and they buy deep, meaning they will normally finance cars that are older too. Not sure why more people dont do their homework.

6. Redboots

Redboots Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not everyone has access to credit union financing. Generally, lending rates and terms are better on new car financing. That's all I was saying.

7. accely

accely Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Also, most banks consider new cars to be a few years, not just current year, for example one of my banks NEW = 2015 or 2016, my other bank gives NEW loans on 2011-2016 ( ah yes they are both credit unions). So moral of the story, join a CU :)

8. Slowpoke387

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Pretty sure anyone can join a credit union, and from my experience the dealer financing is no better rate-wise on a car like this as they pretty much never offer incentives on high demand products. Bottom line is go join a credit union and get an easy loan with the same if not better rates than a dealer would offer, especially on a used car. I financed my new HC through a credit union that i joined specifically for the loan. Was super easy and the rates were better than what the dealer was hitting me with. They can and will jack that rate a bit to increase profits. Not all but many. They get a piece of that extra point or two.

9. Bubba871

Bubba871 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yea accely is correct. There would be no problem at all getting financing for a 15 Cat. BofA, Wells Fargo and USAA just to name a few consider a 15 to be a "preferred" rate. You can get 2.75% all day long.

10. Wayne

Wayne Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My Credit Union is at 1.9%. However, the dealer I'm buying the car from indicated they could get me 1.6%, both for 60 months. I'm debating whether to pay cash, but with those rates, it's almost like borrowing money for free.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Slowpoke387

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Awesome rates both ways. Ur right, like borrowing for free, especially good rate for a '15 too. Somsomeone could buy a '15 for 5-10k cheaper than a new one at a rate under 2% and drive away super happy.

12. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Off topic just a bit, but what made you purchase two Hellcats? I'm jealous.....I know 2 is better than one, but just wanted your perspective.

13. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just be thankful it is a Hellcat and not slew of other cars with crazy depreciation. With those miles I would go E-Bay. Start $65k, reserve $66k, BIN $68k.
    I have 5000+ Ebay feedbacks 100% Positive so I am up to date about prices. LOTS of pics in great detail, etc.

A 2015 Jaguar T-type that sold for $132k would be about $81k - like I said - be thankful the HC is that rare new car exception to horrible first year depreciation.

If/when they release an AWD Hellcat they will take a serious hit however.

14. Bubba871

Bubba871 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am reluctant to use eBay because of all the lowball offers I seem to attract. Kind of a waste of time but maybe I will try it. I usually have better success with Autotrader.

15. Bubba871

Bubba871 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Don't be jealous because it has been a source of stress for me since I did not win the lotto like I had planned! lol.

I had the opportunity to order a 16 but the dealer said they may not get the allocation. So I got nervous and saw a 15 on a dealer lot where the guy backed out after he ordered it. So I bought the 15 and of course a week later the other dealer called and said they got the allocation and my 16 had been ordered! I am selling the 15 because I figured since it has the better warranty it would be easier to sell. Also my 16 is Black which is my favorite even though its a pain to keep clean.