Black Cat Delivered

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Bo Diamond, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Bo Diamond

Bo Diamond Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi All,
    Like many others I ordered a Hellcat (TORRED) pre- 9/9/14 and waited, got the call the other day from Dodge "You're order is canceled, have a great day!" I figured I would go back to the end of the line like a good boy but decided to do a quick check of one of them fancy web sites. Most of the cars were priced around 80+K. At the bottom of the list was a car listed for MSRP at a local dealer in Colma CA! I emailed the dealer and confirmed my suspicion the price was higher, $15K ADM. Told them that 5K was my pain threshold so they said OK! They only had Black and I would have NEVER ordered a black car. But after having the car a few days I really dig the color, wife likes it much better than Red as well. The color is Phantom Black, can't tell from the pic's but there is some really nice metal flake, Came with the Satin Black Painted hood which surprised me.

My feeling about the car:
    This is the way a Muscle car should be, barely contained mayhem. The first day driving it around the wife says "can you pull over so I can drive". I'm thinking 700 HP and a stick, this is going to be interesting. She drove the thing like a freaking pro! What has she been doing when I'm not around? She wanted to install a Hello Kitty License Plate Frame but I stood my ground.

Some things really surprised me as I have read so many horror stories. The Fit and finish is really nice inside and out. The hood fitment is a lot better than I expected, almost perfect. All the materials I come in contact with in the cockpit have a real nice tactile feel, wife said the same thing. I had a Porsche 911 997 with full leather and I don't feel like I am taking a step down with this car. This car is 10 times the fun of the Porsche. You can get crazy all you want and it is super controllable. If the rear end of my 911 broke loose I really had my hands full, not fun on the street.

I've had the car 5 days so I am past the break-in. It's sort of like using a Smith and Wesson 500 Magnum to shoot tin cans, just the right amount of power.

Strangely, the car is giving me a sort of "inner peace", I am a lot less stressed out in commute traffic. Not sure why.

Well, I hope you enjoy the Pics. And don't let them Dodge Boys get you down with all the delays and poor production planning. I have a feeling they are trying to make it right within their mental capacity to do so. They just F'd up the first year.
    Thanks
    -Bo

DSC_4252.JPG DSC_4270.JPG DSC_4271.JPG DSC_4272.JPG DSC_4274.JPG DSC_4275.JPG DSC_4276.JPG DSC_4278.JPG DSC_4281.JPG DSC_4286.JPG

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Hemi1632

Hemi1632 BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congratulations and great color choice!

3. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Nice car and don't bend or break on that hello kitty crap

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congratulations Bo. I reckon you have hit the nail on the head with everything you have said. I've been a Porsche man for 24 years. All air cooled stuff mostly. The wife now says Porsche's. Huh, these are where it is at. Although she still really likes the early long hood cars.

5. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on your HC and on the 1 year only Phantom Black. They look so nice cleaned up. I also understand the whole inner peace thing. Sometimes just cruising around at the speed limit is a joy unto itself. Thanks for sharing. Also like the license plate frame. Funny stuff.:p

6. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Grtz! The Cat is beautiful, enjoy!

April

7. Hellcat15

Hellcat15 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats, and great pics! Beautiful car!

8. Puffy

Puffy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats! Glad you are happy with the best color out there.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. gasser

gasser Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on your purchase. That's a great looking car. Like the hood.

10. Hayabusa

Hayabusa Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats! Car looks great and nice write up. My wife can shift very well also, a real plus and says something (haven't figured out what it says but I found it very attractive :D).

11. Link

Link Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrates on the car, I have the same color, pics don't do it justice at all. People at the track kept asking me if I had it painted, they said no way thats factory. :cool:

12. Zookeeper93

Zookeeper93 GOZ211

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Beautiful Car. Great photos showing the satin hood with the black. Looks killa. Black (Pitch) was not my first choice (it was hubby's) coming off a '13 Torred 392, I wanted Ivory Pearl. Black won out and I have not regretted it since. Welcome to Hellcat Heaven.

13. Shasta's Dad

Shasta's Dad Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats. If I wasn't soo lazy, I might have gotten black.:D

14. ljaviation

ljaviation Self proclaimed Banned, Because I can.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats and great pictures!!! I'd have no problem with the Hello kitty. Hell, my last car was Sonic yellow with pink accents. A 500+WHP AWD Subaru. I figured I could get away with it and did. Enjoy, it looks great, love the view from above pic.
    L J