Black satin hood vs black wrap

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by sleepingtiger74, Feb 8, 2016.

1. sleepingtiger74

sleepingtiger74 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    thinking about getting one of these so just seeing if anyone has feedback on either of them. Does anyone have the VIN order number for the black satin hood? Darn parts dept at the dealership said they were unable to find the part, go figure...

2. gts_2001

gts_2001 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There are already 4 or 5 posts covering the pros and cons of each in great detail. Try doing a search and you'll probably come up with more information than you want to know! Happy reading!

3. sleepingtiger74

sleepingtiger74 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks!!

4. badash

badash Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think that the wrap would be nice and easy to take care of, But me being a " MOPAR PERSON" I could not do a wrap. What I mean by that is I very much appreciate the factory options on car. I have had cudas,chargers, chally ect. Each of those cars are worth what they are to me because of the options. Was it auto? Did it have rubber bumper pads? Color combo,ect. If you really don't care about the options and are going for looks, then I would pop for a wrap. I bet it cost 3-500 to wrap it and the factory hood is i think 2k. and from what I hear is not the best paint job:confused:. BUT... If its on your build sheet and window sticker you have a black hood car. and for some one like me thats important.. But for some its not. All personal preference..:D