Blame The Dealerships.

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by CubeMan, Jan 11, 2015.

1. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You know, This whole allocation process began because Dodge was trying to stop dealer markups. The reason is thanks to lobbying and the failure of our political system, Most of the car industry has to have a separate party sell their product. (Imagine if you got told with your great product, you couldn't sell it directly to consumers.)

Tesla is currently under fire for challenging that law and now banned in a couple of states for selling directly to customers, Teslas response? We'll pay the trip for you to go to a bordering state when you purchase one of our cars. Isn't it funny? The customers and public weren't complaining just the money hungry garbage dealerships assocations.

Dodge attempted this allocation system to get dealers to shut-up and sell at or below MSRP. That way if the MAJORITY of dodge dealers sold at or below MSRP, the allocation system would basically work. Instead the dealers all ordered hellcats themselves ignoring the allocation system taking place, now they all have hellcats sitting on their lots for above MSRP and very little of them care about the allocation system at all and won't get any more because of that one hellcat sitting at 10k over sticker on their lot.

The issue is the Dealers, So when you blame dodge for this system they tried to make work, turn your eyes to the politicians who ate the nation dealership associations political money to make this backwards ass system. Everyone knows if you gave the public a choice between a no hassle paying MSRP for every car or having to negotiate to get a chance at MSRP or lower, we'd know the winner here.

Next election, ask your Representative running what they think about dealerships controlling the car market, not the car manufacturers who created the market to begin with. Decide then and there. Because if it wasn't for middle-man dealership, We wouldn't have such a backwards ass allocation system.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. LelandJim

LelandJim Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Political system is too broken to fix.
    I agree dealers are the problem here and blaming Dodge/Chrysler is a mistake ( short of the re flash and hood issues ).
    The good dealers are taking care of the customer, the bad ones are making so many people here mad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Harley88

Harley88 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not agreeing or disagreeing..
    But it's only fair to point out Dealerships where set up to protect the buyer. when your car blows up, most folks appreciate being able to go local and find warranty service.

4. Tannehill

Tannehill Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    No disrespect, but your premise that Dodge started this allocation process idea to stop markups is completely incorrect. To put it very very short, it is their best idea as to how to distribute their vehicles built in low quantities. Obviously most consumers don't agree.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    this whole thing will be over in a couple of months....and will long be forgotten

every month the going rate drops...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I never said it's a horrible system, But once again the dealerships ruined it by just ignoring it.

7. Harley88

Harley88 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I guess one could say Dodge caused this;
    if they had just set MSRP high enough we wouldn't be having these issues.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Tannehill

Tannehill Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Dealerships have absolutely nothing to do with how the allocation process is devised. The only thing you can blame dealerships for is asking for markups because right now the cars ARE in high demand.

9. Tannehill

Tannehill Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    No, because then dealerships would just raise it higher than that. Your belief here reminds me a lot like raising minimum wage, all it really does is inflate prices even more.

10. Harley88

Harley88 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Attempt at sarcastic remark.
    So, it's ok to not tell a owner what he can pay his employee. But dodge is supposed to control the dealers profit margins. Wth dude!
    funny part here is I bet I could find a boy vh ah people that would line up to attack you for your profit only motivation. after all, you make enough to afford a vehichle that states show is alomost twice average income of other Americans.
    be mad you can't get your you when you want it. But stop the blame game BS.

11. 1949chopper

1949chopper NC STATE PRESIDENT Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Easy to say when you have one in the garage

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Tannehill

Tannehill Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    1-I honestly can't understand what you were trying to say.
    2-I'm not complaining at all about the wait, this isn't my first SRT rodeo, or car ordering rodeo. I went in understanding the wait.

13. ncarter124

ncarter124 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Here is my thing, Let's be honest, the majority of people out there either can't afford these cars or have families or other obligations... point being that these aren't Dart's...so I don't understand why they can't just build the cars based on demand like they do with every other car in the Dodge line. I'm sure I am just being ignorant here... but my point is they can make more cars, sell more cars, the car itself won't flood the market due to the cost, Dodge will make more money and the greedy stealerships will as well. Am I missing the reason why they can't/won't do this?

14. Tannehill

Tannehill Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Because the plants major outputs are the entire line of Challenger, Charger, and 300. The Hellcats are but one trimline for 2 cars. Chryslers portfolio relies significantly on the majority of this plants output to fill dealer inventory for general sales. They can't sacrifice their overwhelming majority to handle a minority. I think Brampton put out around 290k vehicles a year if I'm correct. Hellcat Challenger and Chargers this year will probably be 20k or less of that I'm guessing.

15. ncarter124

ncarter124 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That makes sense. I figured there was some logistics aspect I was skipping over. I just hope they start becoming more available in the coming months.