Blew the doors off a crotch rocket this weekend....

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by BadIowaCat, Jul 20, 2015.

1. BadIowaCat

BadIowaCat Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    so first off for anyone that wants to be funny and say crotch rockets don't have any doors, yeah i know i just blew them off...

So Friday i was just going for a nice little drive around town, trying to behave myself as good as one can while driving a Hellcat. When these 3 bikers pull in behind me downtown. (very little town like 6-8 blocks of downtown main drag) These rag tag group of bikers consist of some younger kids early 20's i would guess and two on rockets and one on a chopper of some sort. So i get stopped by the red light, and they start yelling some stuff i can't hear. (combo of the cat's really loud and so is the chopper) so i just ignore them and keep driving down the main drag. So then they decide it would be cool to drive the whole main drag revving the crap out of their bikes and acting like clowns. So after 3 or 4 blocks i am getting a little road rage building up. Everyone is looking at me and these bikers revving their bikes. They would rev and yell stuff at every red light and they would hang back at green light change and then fly up onto my rear and more revs. So when we finally are heading out of town we get to a bridge which has 4 lanes, two in each direction, and of coarse a red light and they pull up next to me. The leader of their rag tag biker gang is on the nicest and newest of their bikes. Its like a 5-7 year old crotch rocket. One look over at me and i know its time to teach these dam punks some respect! So at green i roll out of the clutch and hammer the gas, and of course the rocket stands on it too. He instantly shoots out to a bike length ahead, but his glory was short lived, as i near the red line in first i am already walking up beside him and pulling him so i shift into second chirp the tires and teach those little punks a lesson in manors....whats funny is after driving around for 20-30 min i see them coming the other way and when they pass they all give me the biker wave....so apparently lesson learned. Do Not Mess With The BAD CAT!!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    good job in the M6,

I used to race them all the time in my Viper. It would depend on traction but I could take them if I got the traction. If they got better traction they could take me.

Everybody seems to talk about how fast the car is. The only advice is from me is: "its really fast to get into trouble with so always be careful when you unleash it".

• Agree Agree x 2