SRT Hellcat Forum banner

BMW i8 vs Lamborghini Huracan vs Dodge SRT Hellcat vs Ford Mustang

9K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  DGatzby 
#1 ·

A backstage video from CAR magazine UK’s recent Days Of Thunder road trip across America in four special sports cars. It’s a high-octane Ryder Cup …

A backstage video from CAR magazine UK’s recent Days Of Thunder road trip across America in four special sports cars. It’s a high-octane Ryder Cup of cars, as they pit hybrid BMW i8 and all-petrol Lambo Huracan against Dodge SRT Hellcat and Ford Mustang GT across the roads of California and Nevada.

The Lamborghini Huracan is powered by a naturally-aspirated 5.2 liter engine making 602 hp and 413 lb-ft of torque. The engine is mated to a 7-speed DCT giving the Huracan a claimed 0-62-mph acceleration to 3.2 seconds.

The Dodge SRT Hellcat is powered by a 6.2 liter V8 supercharged engine producing 707 hp and 650 lb-ft of torque. From standstill to 60 mph, the SRT Hellcat runs in 3.0 seconds with manual, three-tenths off the pace of the automatic.

BMW i8 vs Lamborghini Huracan vs Dodge SRT Hellcat vs Ford Mustang 750x384 BMW i8 vs Lamborghini Huracan vs Dodge SRT Hellcat vs Ford Mustang

BMW i8 uses a plug-in hybrid system consisting of a turbocharged three-cylinder BMW TwinPower Turbo petrol engine and BMW eDrive technology in the form of an electric drive system.

The 1.5-liter combustion engine develops 170 kW/231 hp and drives the rear wheels of the BMW i8, while the 96 kW/131 hp electric drive sends its power to the front wheels and allows an all-electric range of up to 35 kilometers (22 miles) and a top speed of 120 km/h (75 mph).

Take a look below at this amazing trip through California and Nevada.

Source: BMW i8 vs Lamborghini Huracan vs Dodge SRT Hellcat vs Ford Mustang

See less See more
1 1
#3 ·
You can have every spectacular car in the world. You can tell the real enthusiasts that understand the concept of a muscle car. Not a sports car, not a supercar, but something thats so disastrously and wonderfully overpowered that you are one throttle blip away from seeing the inside of somebody's kitchen<- true story

#4 ·
That Lambo sounds so wicked! I am surprised that it pulled on the Hellcat that much. No one has done instrumented tests on the Lambo but they are estimating 10.8 in the 1/4 mile so it shouldn't pull the Hellcat that hard?

#6 ·
I read the magazine article a couple of weeks ago. I leant it to a mate so I cannot remember the exact quote.
The last sentence went something like. If you have forgotten what it was like to have fun in a car then you need to buy yourself a challenger hellcat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.