Bondurant Hellcat 2 day class

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by zigga, Jan 4, 2017.

1. zigga

zigga Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Is there any better insurance deal out there that is better than an $8,000 deductible a day for $75? It really miffs me that we pay $1,000's for the class and they can't even ensure their own cars, with an instructor that sits in the car with you. Am I missing something here?

I have a friend that says you can get a relatively low ~$100 policy for full coverage (no deductible) for race events/HDPE, but that is in the case that it is your car, not insuring Bondurant's car.

Any help is appreciated.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. RDLSRT

RDLSRT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wait, you pay the insurance bill for being a passenger? And its an $8k deductible....

3. LaserDoc

LaserDoc Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not as a passenger, for the 2 day class.

4. LaserDoc

LaserDoc Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I checked into this when my daughter did the 2 day class and it's highly doubtful that there's any other insurance to cover Bondurant's car.

5. zigga

zigga Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Crazy, Is it even worth buying the insurance? e.g. I don't really plan to push on the track too hard, and I am really there to learn the dynamics of the HC should you go into a slide, etc. at which point avoiding damage if planned for since it is a training exercise.

6. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Staying tuned and subscribed

7. LaserDoc

LaserDoc Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's the same as any other insurance; it's better to have it and not need it, as opposed to needing it and not having it! When I was there, the brakes went out on a Vette and it was real close to a disaster. As you probably already know, it doesn't take much to have 8k in damage. Get the insurance and get the most out of the experience.

8. Plum_bookends

Plum_bookends Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Having done the class (2 day). Pay the $75, and don't crash the car. It's that easy. You will document all marks on the car before you begin. Unlike other programs, you are in the car alone. They jump in every once and awhile to observe and offer advise.

9. bighit2883

bighit2883 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    How much is the 2 day course? I did the free 1 day and loved it

10. GiveEmHell

GiveEmHell VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    In the 2 day class you will be running most of the time by yourself in the car, including on the track. I was just there a few weeks ago for the same class. I did the insurance, and so did most of the others in the class.

11. carcrazyguy

carcrazyguy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Buy the insurance and know that IF anything happens you are "the most covered" you could have been. ANYTHING can happen at the speeds you will be going and the way you will be driving. I did the same 2 day class (and my wife did as well in a seperate Hellcat) and we bought the insurance for each car. LUCKILY, nothing happened but on the second day we had just completed the long road course session. We pulled off track and I got out to see how hot the brakes were. I looked down and there was a piece of wire sticking out of the sidewall of the left front tire. It was about 8-10 inches long and was all balled up sticking out of the middle of the sidewall. Had that caused a tire to let go....we were just going over 100 mph and pushing the crap out of the car in every single corner....it would have been a huge mess.

Attached Files:

12. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am doing the 3 day Hell Cat class next month. I did not buy the insurance because it was too high with a high deductible...I cant remember the exact amount but it was something like $800........I asked how many accidents they have experienced and the guy told me one...and he said that happened in the parking lot...I will take my chances since the odd favor me in the extreme..

13. Cenziocars

Cenziocars Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I did the course weekend of DEC 17-18 2016. Cost to me was $2700 out of my own pocket for the 2 day. Normally $3700. Used my $1000 SRT voucher. I bought the insurance for both days because I wanted to really see what my 2016 Hellcat Challenger could do. Finding it's engineered edge of power and controI. I needed to be being strapped in tight with no holds barred. I did not want any extraneous fear or worry to get in the way. The two day allows for the most drive time. It's worth every penny. One of the funnest experiences I had in my entire life. My professional driver instructor was Rob. He was phenomenal in both knowledge and skill I would pick him up around the track for fine tuning tips. I will definitely go back again some day to support this school. Top notch!

I highly suggest doing the 2 day if your going to do it. Day1 has more class time. Day 2 allows for much more solo track experience which I really desired.

This great enterprise is supported and sponsored by Goodyear Tire Company. They make it possible because a set of tires last about 10-12 working hours. Burnout, braking and rough steering. Without them as sponsors the cost to participate would be much higher.

BONDURANT is an established first class school since 1948. There must be obvious extensive overhead to run this operation.

I was going for speed and control. Most of their students do not drive like me......I was able to work up to find the edge on Day 2.

I returned home completely satisfied.

Wreck a Hellcat even in a small way..... Imagine the cost !!! Far beyond $8000.00

14. Cenziocars

Cenziocars Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You may not be able to resist the temptation. I'd buy some peace of mind.

15. Cenziocars

Cenziocars Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I did not buy insurance until I arrived on-site. I was there on a mission, so I bought it for the peace of mind in a 700HP car. I did not want to be penny wise and pound foolish should any such mishap occur. You will be pushing performance because......... BTW. This is a Racing School !