Bondurant...OMG what a day!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Hemibuck, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I just finished the SRT experience out at Bondurant in Phoenix. Now bear with me I'm posting this all with my phone so I might forget something but overall it was amazing. They started late but I had no place to go. Now after a group "pow wow" and some basics of the cars we set off. They split us up into groups based on the color of wrist band we had on. There were four different "courses" we did. These were in no particular order just how my group did them. We started out with the autocross track with the Charger Hellcat. You got a practice run and then two timed runs then the top five times got one more chance for the best time. It was just you and a passenger and then you swapped seats. The second was (my favorite) follow laps in the Viper. In this you were by yourself and needed to follow the instructor in a Charger 392. He took us as fast as the group would keep up. All together we got around 12-15 laps in the Viper. Next was lunch then we did accident avoidance in the Challenger 392 which was good info and fun. Then the last was on the skid pad with the Charger Scat Pack. That was a blast!! Now after all that we grouped up together to go for a hot lap run in a 5 point harnessed Challenger Hellcat 6 speed with a pro behind the wheel. All I can say is OMFG! Who knew that car could do that! Overall what a blast and what a great group of people. Everyone was professional the cars were spotless and even the mechanics were cool and let us come in to the shop. They push the living hell out of these cars and the overall consensus is these cars are bullit proof and they really like working on them and driving them. Which is good to know. The bathrooms were clean and ice cold bottled water at every station, in the main building and museum. Just a class act overall. If you are thinking about doing it....go! Get those spots today!

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Here is a qucik video of the hot laps. My guy blew out a tire on the next run.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat

Here is the last half of my last lap. I shut it off the first half and got it back on the last part. Wow!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. bjadamsr6

bjadamsr6 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    That's awesome. I have been on the fence about going to this but I think I'm gonna book it now. Thanks for the after action report.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I would have got more video but it was more fun driving!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    You bet! Worth it do it!

7. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG] 20160611_184128.jpg 20160611_184128.jpg 20160611_184951.jpg 20160611_185030.jpg 20160611_185150.jpg 20160611_183847.jpg 20160611_105842.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. MattG

MattG Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Loved this post. Great that you had a wonderful time.

Matt

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks. I know that a lot of people are on the fence. Even Bondurant knows that not everyone knows they get the day course. Hell I disn't know until I saw a post on this forum. And almost everyone I met didn't know about HC.org. Hopefully the word can get out. I'll go back. I might even buy someone's from them for later this year.

• Like Like x 2
  10. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for posting your experience. Looks like a great time. Me and a friend of mine who also owns a cat plan on going this fall and upgrading to the 3 day school with the Hell Cat. BTW They will not allow anyone to sell/transfer their pass anymore. This was mandated by Chrysler not Bondurant.

11. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Ya they gave us all vouchers for a discount on the 3 day course at a later date. I might do that. I wish you could split up the Hellcat and Viper but I think it's just one or the other but they are the same price. Either way you will have fun. I think I will look into some autocross now just for fun now.

12. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    How much was the discount voucher? They told me I get a $1,000 discount if I upgrade to the 3 day school. If the voucher you received is enough I might be inclined to do the SRT one day event then later come back for the 3 day.

13. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    The voucher is for $700. So I guess it would depend on what they are charging for the 3 day course. The cost for the 3 days is $4300 in the brochure they have at the main office.

14. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    20160612_091036.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. blaze

blaze ☆★✪ The Watcher ✪★☆ Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hemibuck: it is amazing what our cars can do huh? who knew they would take curves so well?
    glad you had a great time! :)
    without revealing too much info here or spoiling any surprises for anyone who may be attending, did you enjoy the first activity you did? the very first thing you did with an instructor.. think about it. :D