Bought...

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by PhantomWorks, Dec 24, 2015.

1. PhantomWorks

PhantomWorks Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    So long story long. Last year I ordered a HC and after the whole debacle with the deliver and production I passed and bought a new C7. I kept it for 3 months and then bought a SS. Kept it for 8 months and am now back to the HC. Just so happens I "lucked" out and my dealer orders one a few months ago and is about to go into production. I went ahead had them out my name on it. Here's the question. I asked if I could change the color and they said no. What are the reasons why I couldn't? When I ordered mine last year I could change the color and opinions all the way up to the point that it entered whatever code it was(cannot remember). My thoughts are: 1) is it further along than they are leading me to believe it is? 2) do they not want to go through the trouble to change it (not certain how much trouble it could be). I was told they expected it around end of FEB/MAR time frame. I have been dealing with the dealer for years and trust them but cannot figure why they would mislead if they are at all? Appreciate the thoughts.

2. FarAwayFromHere

FarAwayFromHere Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    When it hit's D1 you're Done!
    As Long as changes are made before D1 Status,
    It is do-able...
    Just takes some urgent phone calls to Area Rep...
    Far

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. PhantomWorks

PhantomWorks Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the feedback Far. I will give them a buzz on Monday. Good chance that is the case.

4. Q5Dart

Q5Dart Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I originally ordered sublime with black rims then changed to B5 and brass monkeys when they where available with no trouble at all. Was changed before D1 though,Good Luck!

5. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well if it's been a couple months you're probably outta luck as they are producing the 16's at a much faster clip than the 15's. You really need to get the status to know for sure.

6. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Tell them to keep your car, get your money back and go find your dream car sitting on the showroom floor somewhere in the US...then go get it

not a difficult situation...your not stuck with your order...........i ordered a SRT in 2011 and walked from it due to issues

7. Cenziocars

Cenziocars Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What was the color you initially ordered that they could not change? Post it . Someone on the site may want your color.