SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Brake pad upgrade

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Sinz 
#1 ·
As we all know, the stock OEM pads are great in terms of raw performance but, they dust something fierce :eek:

A lot of you have changed to the Z23/Z26 pads with success - in terms of dusting. For a street driven car these are probably a good option. I do plan to hit a number of events this summer including a couple of long track ones. Therefore, I'm looking for pads that will help with the dusting issue and also work for track events.

So, after some research, I have come to a sort of conclusion that my options are somewhat limited. This is list of optional pads I'm considering:

1) keep the OEMs
2) Porterfield - a big investment
3) Demon Performance street pads

I know of at least one forum member who is very happy with the Porterfield's but, they are pricey. Demon Performance has a set that seem to be what I'm looking for.

Does anyone have any experience they would like to share using Demon Performance's street pads?

Thank you in advance.

See less See more
#2 ·
I do not have anything to offer on the performance of Porterfield or Demon pads, but I have replaced my pads with the Z23`s. You are right, they do work just fine with very little dust for my mostly street duty HC. But are not the Z26`s supposed to be more track orientated for your occasional track use? They might work fine for you at a lower cost?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.